finally got the nerve

by livingagain 27 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

((((livingagain)))) Your name fits you! Don't worry about the people you met in your new city. Just stop going cold turkey like I did. They'll (encourage/bug) you for a while and then they'll forget all about you. Just don't talk to anyone about how you are feeling re the Watchtower and all should be fine. Email me if you like. I'm in Southern California. Don't know if you're nearby. Take care.

• LDH
    LDH

(((((((((((BLUE)))))))))

So good to 'see' you!!!!!

Living,

Do you ever wonder how many more of 'you' are out there? I'm glad you found someplace to call 'home' on the web. If you are having a hard time making friends, try joining non-profit organizations in your area, perhaps as a member of the Board of Directors. You'll be meeting people who are more than willing to mentor you.

The slow fade is best IMHO because you are not submitting to their pretense of 'power' and their little 'judicial' meetings.

Lisa

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Hi livingagain,

Thanks for posting your Watchtower story.

I'am a newbie here too.

WELCOME to the forum.

Christian Love,

AwakenedAndFree

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Great opening post livingagain!

Welcome!

I look forward to more of your posts!

SPAZ

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Dear Living:

Welcome! Your words about sitting through the talk about loyality to the organization and how mad it made you feel really struck a note with me. The last meeting I attended was the last of May 2002 and the Watchtower study was about elders being "superior" to the rest of us. I thought I was going to have a Cerebral hemorrhage! I spent 27 years in Borg, too. I think alot of new people must have come in around 1975 and now alot of the same ones are going out. You will be happy, you will feel secure, you will recover. I started college last week and I'm rebuilding my life......best wishes on yours!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Dear Living, Welcome!! You will have so much support here. I never was a JW but am here to learn in order to deal with some family members.

I must say, and this is to all exJWs here: Reading your stories, experiences is so touching. If the rest of the world spent a little time here, I have no doubt this so-called religion would be exposed for all its sick and ungodly "truth". That's why I applaud the work of Silent Lambs; the more press coverage, the more the outside world will think twice about those smiling faces appearing on our doorsteps.

Here's to all of you for your sharing and caring, and especially to you Livingagain...you truly are doing just that :-)

• ugg
    ugg

hi and welcome....you will like it here....you will also learn alot...

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Just when I wondered what I was doing - and there you are - escaped from the org. Take time - you'll recover. happy days.

paduan

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome Livingagain!

As time goes on those feelings will fade. Stay strong. So many here have felt precisely as you do, myself & my family included. Things will get better. There are some incredibly intelligent minds here and they have been a comfort. Stay and keep reading..........

Edited by - Dismembered on 7 September 2002 6:7:36

Edited by - Dismembered on 7 September 2002 7:59:49

• ballistic
    ballistic

Living again, don't be suprised if you go through an 'anger stage'. It sounds like you may be starting out on it. Just remember this is the beginning of your recovery, not the end. I can relate to the feeling that others have been controlling your life. I felt I had wasted most of my life but I take consolation from those elderly people who come here and don't mind admitting in their older years they've been going the wrong way (insert Live Forever Book pic of man asking directions on the road to life).

Sometimes I just want to shout out to witnesses to let them know that they are imprisoned but their organisation is designed to keep them that way.

Take time to chill out and keep it real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit