To Amazing and Others re Iraq

by Defender 49 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

<-----waves american flag at 151 as a peace offering

come on Luv, wont you join me in making love instead of war?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    wont you join me in making love instead of war?

heh

Edited by - RandomTask on 7 September 2002 1:37:34

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Amen to that Random....

Imagine what a better place this world would be if everyone had just a little bit more sex

(or it was run by women, but I wont get in to that argument today)

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yeah, but the problem is that half the world acts as though they are castrated so we have to kick ass once in awhile.

I thought we already agreed that the world really is ruled by women?

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

By the Way 151....

You forgot Cheese and Knives

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

The last terrorist attack on our nation was directed by a bunch of guys in caves and they did a pretty good job. Let's leave Saddam alone and see what he can come up with. Let him build his chemical and bio weapons, let him build a few nukes. Just think what may be on the next hijacked plane.

Col. Bendrr, [classified]

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

If we had a matriarchal society again, things would be much more diplomatic. Women, by nature, tend to be more diplomatic. They also tend to be able make decisions based on emotion as well, such as compassion. (though decisions based on emotions aren't always a great idea)

I doubt I will ever see a women president in my lifetime. There are too many "good ol' boys" in politics. Besides, as far as foreign affairs goes, women are given virtually no respect in middle eastern countries, so I think our country would be extremely vulnerable.

But even if there was a Matriarchal society, whenever you factor in the idea of absolute power, even women can be vicious beast

<----- covers head, waiting for the shit to hit the fan

• chappy
  • ballistic
    ballistic

While I don't agree with the politics of the Conservatives, I think Maggie Thatcher showed the world what women at the top are capable of. I don't think any other country viewed us as 'vulnerable' having a female Prime Minister (not to mention head of state also, the Queen).

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

ThiChi, that was a good post. while reading Celtics remarks prior to your post, I was thinking along the same lines. The governments do not devulge alot of details or evidence to the public because it is sensitive information (or at least try not to). The Intelligence that is gathered during times like this has to be handled by the government structure. Celtic, don't worry, when the strike against Iraq happens, you can rest assured that there was ample evidence. Saddam is also a major suspect in aiding Bin Ladens group of thugs. His removal will be the first major step to crushing any idea they have for a large scale terrorist attack against the US and Britain. Saddam and others like him will be picked off, one by one. Remember SEPT. 11TH. Least we ever forget.

As far as Defenders comments are concerned, I do not think any of us are "War Mongers". We simple want the threat of vile terrorists to be diminished or obliterated. Unfortunately the only way to do this is for someone to step up to the plate and take the lead, and this means the use of force. Hiltler rose up and was defeated. Saddam however is only one of many, thats why the warning was issued to the general world that this campaign was going to be a long one, but well worth the effort.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit