growing up scared of Armageddon

by bittersweet 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Lin: Don't worry - Big Tex knows when the wedding is because I told him. He just doesn't remember that he knows.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You did? When? Do you have two witnesses to this horrible accusation?

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

The funny thing is, JWs claim that they don't use fear tactics, like eternal torture in hell, but they do. Armageddon.

• Dia
    Dia

Blondie,

I can relate. Having God step in and smash everything to pieces was an attractive idea to me.

Anything to end my victimized existence.

In retrospect, I now see that this was an effective way to keep an abused child silent. Holding out this hope that 'someday' God will fix everything - and in a really big way, too!

• Lin
    Lin

LOL Big Tex and Cruzan...LOL! BigTex, you're SUCH a man! LOL "Somebody told me?, Where was I?, Do you have two witnesses to this horrible accusation?!" LOL!!!!!!! BigTex...my wedding is set for May 24, 2003. Put it on your calendar dear man, LOL. Shine up your dancin boots while you're at it, 'cause we're gonna boogie!!! LOL Even if we haveta drag your *&% out on the dance floor. LOL

• animal
    animal

My single mother was one of the worst... we would be active one year and not the next.... xmas one year, and not the next. Same with telling us about the end of the world... one year it was immenent, and the next year she was partying and ignoring it. We went along for the ride, only being pre-teens.

I remember the big orange or peach book with the pictures of people getting killed in the end. It was held up to me and my sis when we fricked up (politically correct term, folks) and were told this would happen to us if we didnt make our beds, or whatever. When she married the dickhead that was to become an elder, he even went further.

Yep, being raised with fear is a not-so-fond memory. Most religions are tho... the heaven and hell thing. I dont worry now, cuz I have been thru hell and it can only get better from here. I just chuckle at those worried about "life after death" and let them beleive what they want.

Animal

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

My witness parents are certainly scared of Armageddon. My mothers last words to me when I DA'd myself was, "I just don't want you to die at Armageddon." Thanks mom, that's sweet.

-Josh

• goatlike
    goatlike

at my house every thunderstorm had my sisters praying.. must be armageddon.. i was already sure i was going to die so i came up with plans for a house i'd build where i'd be surrounded by righteous bro's & sis's so jehovah couldn't get me without going through them first.

remember the stories about demonic possession from buying a second hand item that was "Demonised"? i was horrified that there were demons all around me, until i began to realise that if they really were evil spirits from satan, i'd really like to meet them!

Edited by - goatlike on 8 September 2002 14:45:8

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bittersweet,

The Paradise Lost book scared the pants off of me too. I still have nightmares of Armageddon. I had one just the other night.

Robyn

PS: Oh, and I know one bipolar JW who thought she was being sexually molested by a demon. I guess demons find bipolar JW women to be sexy or something. But then, who doesn't? LMAO

Edited by - robdar on 8 September 2002 18:40:33

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I was terified of armagedon. I didn't want everyone in the world to die even as a child. I always hoped it would never come so I wouldn't have to see everyone die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit