Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• azor
    azor
    Nitty is your husband aware of your viewing and participation on this site?
  • MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    maybe...but I wouldn't be advocating for people who actually hide child abusers and not admit to their mistakes. If they really were god's organization they'd clean that mess up really quick regardless of the consequences. By not doing it, they show they're just another worldly organization / corporation.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The KH is open to the public, anyone can come and go......Nitty Gritty

True enough..

The Watchtower is Desperate..

Anyone can become a JW.......Pedophiles..Serial killers..

The Yorkshire Ripper has enjoyed a specially-arranged baptism service in Broadmoor after becoming a Jehovah's witness.

Peter Sutcliffe, 68, who was jailed for murdering 13 women, was recently baptised in a pool in a private room at the high security hospital..

To read more..

CLICK THE LINK BELOW:

Yorkshire Ripper Sutcliffe 'enjoys specially-arranged ...

....Image result for Watchtower logo

.......https://thesandiegoscanner.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/crime-scene-chalk-outline-police-line-murder.jpg

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@ LisaRose I agree you can't disclose names unless it has been proven, so Silent Lambs is correct in not listing names, but what about where there has been a conviction, or a confession? Silent Lambs does disclose names when they are in the media, but does the Watchtower?

Disclosing names when they are in the media is not really disclosing them is it? They are already there for all to see.

They could disclose that there have been accusations and that parents need to be careful, then all children could be protected, not just elders families.

I agree with you there and I have not see or heard WT say there is anything wrong with that at all. In fact the many articles WT has written on this subject have already disclosed that this possibility exists. If a problem has been discovered, then a local needs talk is given on that subject. This way everyone is alerted. Do not think members are that naive. There are all kinds of people in congregations, some downright weirdos come in. If the alleged molester is an elder or min servant they are automatically removed from their position. This is not normal and it alerts everyone that there is something wrong. Then the local needs item is given.

As for "spiritual paradise" everyone knows this means that what they are being taught is spiritual truths from the Bible, as opposed to other religions who water down the scriptures or teach falsehoods. Everyone knows, and many have personal experience of the fact that just because someone claims to be a JW, or is and Elder, or a pioneer, does not automatically mean they are not capable of something bad. You don't give the members of the congregation much credit and think they are all dim wits evidently.

• azor
    azor
    Current jws are not dimwits. You are over simplifying. Cognitive dissonance is on full display with all believers. Read "escaping cult mind control" by Stephen Hassan. Watch "Going Clear" about scientology and how they work. And the biggest must read is jwfacts.com.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Nitty-Gritty, if I'm not mistaken Candace Conti's attorney produced a letter of recommendation written by the elders of her congregation to another congregation actually commending the molester as having a special way with children.

In other cases the pedophile in a congregation was allowed to go out in field service. In yet another case the victims were threatened with disfellowshipping for speaking out on the matter. You can find the interview on that on the YouTube video I posted on page 2 of this thread.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are all kinds of people in congregations, some downright weirdos come in......Nitty Gritty

You writing this thread is Proof of That!..

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    You don't give the members of the congregation much credit and think they are all dim wits evidently.

On the contrary, I just know the state of denial that many JWs live in. My best friend when I was a JW was one of the smartest people I know. Her son was molested by a young brother that she employed to babysit. He confessed and was privately reproved. A year later he got married to a sister with two young children. My friend was concerned that she was not aware that she was marrying a pedophile, so she informed the woman. My friend was told she should not have done that, and if she told anyone else she would be subject to a JC.

I knew of this and was bothered, I knew there was a very great chance those children would be molested, but I thought it was an isolated incident, those elders were just mistaken, Jehovah would fix it in time, etc. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, yet I did not see what would be obvious to any one not in a cult, that this was how they did things, and was not an isolated event, but business as usual.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@ azor

Most JWs do not suffer from cognitive dissonance. They are pretty convinced and sure in what they believe and what they want. Those with cognitive dissonance are those who still go to the meetings but have doubt. A few are on here.

The trouble with cognitive dissonance is this:

• azor
    azor

Look up the definition of cognitive dissonance. A person's confidence in there belief is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. Doubt is not a definition of CD. Your statement above demonstrates fully what CD is. It is a statement that would fit perfectly in the dictionary as an example of CD.

Have you read any of the articles on jwfacts.com? If so which ones? If not why not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit