Reinhardt Langtaght

by proandcon 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

Reinhard called me this morning, saying "Greetings, jolly Marilyn".............(he cracks me up), and wants to know who some of you are. He is especially wanting to know who jimbob and jwsons are.

Please email to me, and identify yourselves, so I can tell him. He is very careful to protect anyone who wants to be invisible, so don't worry about his revealing who you are.

I read the email from proandcon to him, and he enjoyed that very much.

He also clarified that he was not "ousted" from Bethel. He left of his own free will, after being investigated because for being a known friend of Ray Franz. He didn't appreciate the investigation, but they did clear him of any "wrongdoing" in their eyes.

He also read to me a statement he wants me to post for him. I will do that when I return from Disneyland, in about a week. He doesn't have email, and I didn't take dictation from him.

Edited by - mulan on 7 September 2002 13:38:45

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I

Edited by - silentlambs on 7 September 2002 14:3:27

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Marilyn. I read your reply about Reinhardt wanting to know who I am. I'm not quite sure at this point I'm ready to reveal that info just yet. But, both you and Reinhardt know me. I remember you were in the drama in '95. Several years ago I had heard that you, Dave, and Reinhardt left. The rumor was that you started your own religion. Don't know if that was true or not. (Doesn't really matter to me anyway) I'll give you just a quick rundown of my situation. Over the last couple of years, I've been slowly fading. It wasn't till the last few months that I began to see many things in the organization that bothered me. My wife feels similar and has grown up with the "truth" forced down her throat. Yet just recently she came to me and told me how she felt. She's actually felt this way longer than me! Then the child abuse cover up really bothered both of us. Both of us haven't been to a meeting in over a month, and my bookstudy conductor has left us messages, not saying he's concerned for us, but rather "we need your time!" What a joke! I've realized what a numbers driven society it is. All they care about are numbers. Who cares if someone's not going to meetings, just get their time turned in. Anyway, I could ramble more, but won't. I do know your daughter and her husband Steve as well. When I was in Reinhardt's congregation, I remember him giving Memorial prayers that practically brought a tear to your eye. Then several years ago when I heard he left, I thought....what's going on? How could he just leave? He's such a knowledgable brother. Is there something going on that I don't know about? Probably ever since then, I've had questions and wondered about things. We'll I hope you have fun in Disneyland. Take care......

• Mulan
    Mulan

Egads, those stupid rumors. We heard that Dave started his own church AND that Reinhard did too!! Neither are true. We are all so far from wanting that kind of a life again, that it's just ridiculous.

You can email to me, if you want to. Dave and I are very low key, not disfellowshipped OR disassociated. The local congregation does shun us though. Others, in other congregations, usually don't.

I wish you could tell me who you are. I am trying to think who you might be??? Give me your age bracket??

When we were in that drama, we were just starting to fade. Dave had been learning the truth of things for years, and it was causing a lot of trouble in our marriage. Dave didn't want to do the drama at all and only did because the elder in charge, pressured him to accept the part. I went to the meeting for the drama, because they wanted to use our son................and then found out I had a part too. Then they made me call Dave to tell him he had to take that main role. Then he was in the January WT, of all things...............a budding apostate. We still laugh over that one.

I was still loyal to "the truth" when we started rehearsals, but by the time the convention rolled around, I only wanted out!!! Dave had to hogtie me, almost, to keep me from just quitting. He had a plan, so we could avoid being df'd. The plan worked.

I hope you contact me. I won't tell a soul..............maybe just Dave, okay?? He won't tell anyone. He knows how to keep a confidence.

• jimbob
    jimbob

I would like to talk more to you as well as talk to Reinhardt. We are actually leaving for vacation and won't be back til later next week. So I'll get in touch with you then. Thanks.

• Alf3831
    Alf3831

I am glad to see that Bro. Lengtat is doing well. Several years ago I had the opportunity of chatting with him by phone. He was very kind and very open during our discussion. I recall we spoke for over two hours. He is a very knowledgeable brother, and very kind. I later wrote him a letter, thanking him for his kindness. He responded with a 4-page handwritten letter, expressing sincere concern for my spiritual health at that time. I appreciated his kindness, and will always consider him a dear and loving friend. I do recall him stating that he did continue an active JW for several years after leaving Bethel, even serving as an elder for some time. I assume he left in the early to mid 80's. He is not antagonistic towards JW's, and although not starting his own religion, he does meet with several people in private homes to discuss the Bible.

Mulan, please let him know that I appreciated all of his kind words (cannot reveal my identity at this time). He may remember me in that I was heavily involved in JW apologetics at that time. Thanks!

---Alf3831---

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hello Marilyn. How was your vacation in Disneyland? I'm sure you had a great time. I would like to talk to you more, as well as Reinhardt. I'm so very interested as to why he left. He would definitely remember me. I worked out in service with him several times when I was in his hall and even gave him rides to meeting. Anyway, you said it would be okay if I e-mailed you. Is that still okay....?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit