News Conference in PC Florida

by Joyzabel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Well, after being frustrated since last Saturday trying to get the local newspaper to do an article about silentlambs and the up coming march, hubby got a hold of the local TV station and they have just left after interviewing him and I about our involvement with the silentlambs and speaking up for that issue. They didnt want to film us in front of the Kingdom Hall so we had them come to our house and do the filming. (They filmed us in our office looking at the Silentlambs website and then holding the latest WT 10/15/02, with the front cover saying Who is Behind All Evil?)

We will be at our sons first football game this evening when the news will air. But this will definitely seal our fate with the WTBTs organization.

So anyone in the Florida area tune to NBC for the 6 oclock news and it may repeat at 10!

j2bf

Edited by - joy2bfree on 5 September 2002 22:25:47

• Jesika
    Jesika

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy did ya feel great?!!!!!!!

Well, I hope you record it so we can all see it.

I wonder why they didn't want to record it in frount of the KH?--Did you leave a lamb at the KH anyways??

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Jesika,

The TV reporter didn't want to film in fron of the KH due to road noise and wind. She gave us a 5 minute warning that she was coming. (actually followed hubby home) We hadn't gotten a lamb yet because no one was taking us seriously about the news conference and we didn't think we would be doing a news conference. But now it happened. And I'm glad.

j2bf

• Larry
    Larry

Ain't no stopping us now :)

Peace - LL

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

(((Joy and Steve)))

You both rock!!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Dear Friends:

I am so proud of what you have been able to accomplish.

We must keep them in the news. They must be stopped.

We know what "hate" groups are capable of. I think of them as no less.

They are growing more radical by the minute.

((((((HUGS))))) (((((((SUPPORT)))))) (((((((LOVE))))))

Sentinel/Karen

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Dear Joy and Steve(?)

This is such fabulous news!! I wish we could get that channel up here in Pa....Could you get a copy of the film and have it put up here on the forum? That would be so great. You guys have ***** the size of watermelons!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Free(K)

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((( JOY and STEVE ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mimilly

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Joy and Steve

Magnificent

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I just got home from the football game, don't ask, and watched the news program we recorded. We were behind the #1 news item!!!! So we were #2 on the 6 o'clock news. I thought we would be stuck way at the end after weather and sports. They showed several pictures of the local kingdom hall and discussed how there are many jws acroos the country now speaking up for the policies of jws and the pediphile issue and why those policies needed to be changed. They showed us looking at the Silentlamb website. Also the reporter mentioned that we will be going to the march in NYC the end of the month. So all in all I thought it was a great report. (there are always things you wish you could have said differently.) The last thing they said was that no one from the kingdom halls in this area would return their calls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit