BrotherX reveals Purpose of Door-to-Door Ministry

by Derrick 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

Let's call him "BrotherX" - an elder who either has heard from the Circuit Overseer "by word of mouth" or has come to the conclusion himself about why Jehovah's Witnesses are determined to reach every person on the planet with
    "the message of hope." I'll try to paraphrase some of his comments.

BrotherX explained to me and others in the congregation that we "work our territories to essentially decide who lives and dies at Armageddon." Those who slam the doors in our faces are "goatlike ones" who will face an "everlasting cutting off" during Armageddon. "Really weeding out those who will get thrown into the lake of fire without the hope of resurrections, often comes with the painful process of teaching them accurate knowledge through Bible study, baptizing them, and then allowing their true heart conditions to reveal themselves." BrotherX went on to explain that "some goatlike ones seem as sheep, but destined for destruction in that they first accept the truth at the door, study and get baptized, are used by Jehovah to bring others into the truth, but finally reveal bad heart conditions. In the final analysis these ones are usually disfellowshiped or disassociate themselves."

BrotherX believes that in the days of Noah, "worldly people" were hired by Noah and supervised by his family to build the giant Ark and gather the animals. "They had bad heart conditions but were still used for a divine purpose before ultimately being discarded in the global deluge," reasoned BrotherX. "The faithful and discreet slave class recognizes that many who associate themselves as baptized Christians really possess bad heart conditions and will eventually get disfellowshiped, or disassociate themselves, but does that stop them from being used in the interim to work the territory and gather sheep? The faithful slave knows there is nothing stopping Jehovah from burning the weeds as fuel to run the theocratic locomotive rather than burning them without deriving any benefit at all."

Does BrotherX have a bad attitude, or does the Watchtower Society really attempt to rush people into baptisms simply to provide the "fuel" required to run its worldwide preaching "locomotive" engine? In other words, does the Society believe that a large share of the 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses around the world are really like the people in Noah's day who worked on the Ark but ultimately were not allowed to board? It's a chilling mindset, if this is the case.

Derrick

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, dubs are sort of like a cog, or some other part in gods spiritual locomotive? Individuals don't really matter? That's cold. Wt said god makes things grow. God changes people. Apparently not.

SS

• Gopher
    Gopher

Does BrotherX have a bad attitude, or does the Watchtower Society really attempt to rush people into baptisms simply to provide the "fuel" required to run its worldwide preaching "locomotive" engine?
    A little of both! Brother X seems like he believes this nonsense and really feels that this is how it should be, whether it sounds heartless or not. Yeah, just like the Noah story, 99.9% of mankind will be blotted out, including naive or innocent ones. Oh well.

And as for the WT Society, anyone who views their teachings with an ounce of logic realizes that they believe people ARE DISPOSABLE, and that the most important thing is that the almighty organization keeps grinding away!! Anyone who doesn't read the Watchtower magazine and agree wholeheartedly is future "bird food" or "as dung on the ground".

What a cheerful bunch of people to know, this Watchtower Society and its followers!!

• SYN
    SYN

BrotherX has a VERY bad attitude. It is apparent that he is "running ahead of the Organization". The newest light on this particular subject states that the separation is to be done by Jesus and Jesus alone at (H)Armageddon, and nobody else. Which kind of obviates the preaching work, but that's a topic for another thread entirely!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Those who slam the doors in our faces are "goatlike ones" who will face an "everlasting cutting off" during Armageddon ************ JUDGE NOT ************

where does he get his reasonings from? The book of Brother X

• Quotes
    Quotes

I have heard this reasoning before, and I'll bet there is a Quote somewhere to support it (any help, people?)

Imagine: your average JW preparing his/her little door-to-door magazine offer, knowing that those 20 seconds will mean the difference between life and death to the householder(TM). Talk about your performance anxiety!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: BrotherX explained to me and others in the congregation that we "work our territories to essentially decide who lives and dies at Armageddon."

But the main thing is, Jehovah's Witnesses are a "humble" people.

Farkel

• breeze
    breeze

Great, I feel much better now that I understand....

What if I just don't answer the door?

BREEZE

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Dear Farkel

Haven't you heard the latest, due to 0 results of pounding on the same doors? "Dear Brothers & Sisters, never say work our territories to death, no we work them to life" i.e Jdub bible study = life

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The faithful slave knows there is nothing stopping Jehovah from burning the weeds as fuel to run the theocratic locomotive rather than burning them without deriving any benefit at all."

Sounds like something Hitler might have said about the Jews.

BrotherX believes that in the days of Noah, "worldly people" were hired by Noah and supervised by his family to build the giant Ark and gather the animals.

Whered Brother X get this from? Is that a personal opinion? or a divine understanding. Geesh...why dont these brothers just stick to the script?

Edited by - refiners fire on 5 September 2002 18:36:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit