embarassed

by restorebeauty 18 Replies latest jw friends

• restorebeauty
    restorebeauty

Hey Larry,

Im in Rockafella Center. Never was a dub. Plus I know too many people. I have a reputation to uphold.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Nothing worse than being dressed up going out in service in the area near your school, or your own neighborhood.

• ISP
    ISP

I was immune from embarrassment in those days.....immune to a lot of things....commonsense being one!

ISP

• stichione
    stichione

I did that once many years ago. God I feel stupid today.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Larry, I can totally empathize with your situation. I liked meeting for field service too, talking to everybody, telling stories. It was sort of fun. It was the going out in service that I hated. Besides, just showing up and letting everybody see how spiritual I was, was actually my goal. I had put in my appearance and so, heck, I was ready to go home!

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

i stood outside of walmart...next to the trash can ...for 5 to 6 hours daily. I would always pass out pamplets or magazines etc...and then people would just drop them into the trash can by me...so i would just reuse them ...lol ~FS

• Prisca
    Prisca

I loathed street witnessing, but did it anyway, more to try to prove to myself that I could do it.

Yes, it was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as being a kid and witnessing in the streets where I knew my friends lived, hoping against hope that 1) they wouldn't see me on their street, and 2) I wouldn't have to do their door.

• benext
    benext

Very few in the congregation went door to door they would do street work (now street witnessing) and when they finished they would go to the "office" which was a bench and take turns calling out to passerby to see if they wanted the mags.

• razorMind
    razorMind

...and people of color were obviously not welcomed.

Oh, God, yes. For me this was one of the worst. Especially in the rich white neighborhoods. Having to walk up to a stranger's door, and have them look down at and talk down to you (a kid!) with utter contempt.

Sheer, pure, fucking HELL is what is was for me.

Edited by - razorMind on 6 September 2002 23:32:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit