Hurled to the Earth - Why?!?

by Mister 8iggs 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

Basically, this is my take on it. This isn't intended to start a flame war between believer's and non-believer's of God.

God creates angels. God creates man. One angel concocts a plan to take over as THE God.

This bad angle (Satan) deceives Eve, who convinces Adam to eat from the untouchable tree. At this point, assuming you believe in the Bible, Adam and Eve sinned and were worthy of death. But, their own offspring also had the death sentence handed to them. In other words, man suffers daily with things like cancer, murder, rape, abuse, etc. just for the simple fact that they were born.

At some point, God gets tired of Satan's antics and decides to clean house in the heaven's. God: "Hmm. Satan is really getting on my nerves. He doesn't deserve to live in heaven. What to do...? What to do...? Hmm...I GOT IT! I'll throw him and his angelic followers out of heaven and hurl them to the earth. Let those earthlings deal with him!" Problem solved for God.

I don't get it. What was God afraid of? Also, how much does he really love humans if he confines the most wicked rebellor to our planet? I guess the angels are elated, huh? Satan can't bother them now. Just leave him down here with all of us. We're used to death by now, right? We enjoy seeing war and violence.

Thanks so much, God!

Brian of the Angry class

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Mister Biggs,

You know its always been hard for me to understand why God just didn't exterminate the devil and his cohorts right then and there. We know that Jehovah has few qualms about killing people who don't obey him, so why didn't he just kill satan and his gang of angels?

Maybe the fact that he punished them by hurling them down to earth is indicative of something. Is being on earth punishment? Are we being punished because we live on earth?

Something to think about anyway!

• Satanus
    Satanus

It would appear that god was turning the earth into hell.

SS

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

Dutchie-

Darn good point! He wipes out humans left and right (at least he used to). Assyrians, Egyptians, Babylonians, a whole planet (less 8 individuals). IMPERFECT humans rubbed out and the truest opposer of God remains alive.

Thanks again, God.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    You know its always been hard for me to understand why God just didn't exterminate the devil and his cohorts right then and there

Just a thought, but my take on it is that if there is 'freewill' in this life, that implies having choices. In Eve's case, she made a choice, between, let's say 'good' and 'evil'...(oops, sorry Eve, you pick the wrong 'door').

Now, in order for her to make that choice (using freewill) apparantly she had to be 'tempted'...by someone....guess who filled the bill {{{{{{SATAN}}}} . I think when Adam and Eve got kicked out of the Garden, Lucifer and his 'buddies' got kicked out of heaven, took up residence here on the Earth, and have been enabling humans to make choices (freewill) ever since.

Never having been a dub, there is something I don't understand that I read the other day on this board. Is it JW doctrine that Lucifer 'fell' to earth in 1914? To me, that doesn't make sense. What has he been up to the past 5000+ years after the 'EVE' incident?

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

First off if you would study the bible step by step, you will understand that In revelation 12 verse 12, God said satan dont hath that much time left.. And In 2 peter chapter 3 verse 8, God & the messiah time is different then man eyes... Second Even tho satan & his wicked angels are around us, We can be protected if and only we follow the lawz, new lawz, and commandments- john 9 verse 31.. and last you can not question The father our loving creator, Therefore dont worry about why God hurled satan to the earth, just know that better days are coming - Isaiah chapter 65 verse 17....

• SYN
    SYN

Technically, heaven is EVERYWHERE. Thus, there is no way that Satan could be thrown "out" of "Heaven". Or is Heaven limited to a specific region of space, like the Pleiades?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Double

Just a thought, but my take on it is that if there is 'freewill' in this life, that implies having choices. In Eve's case, she made a choice, between, let's say 'good' and 'evil'...(oops, sorry Eve, you pick the wrong 'door').

Now, in order for her to make that choice (using freewill) apparantly she had to be 'tempted'...by someone....guess who filled the bill {{{{{{SATAN}}}} .

Does that mean free will will cease when satan ceases to exist? If not, then satan was never a necesary component in the original free will.

SS

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Good point Mr. Biggs.

Makes you wonder, "What did we do so wrong, do deserve all of this,,, one bite from a piece of fruit and we have years of unspeakable punishments???? NOT FAIR NOT FAIR ( as my 7 yr old would say) Maybe the mind of a child, I see it the same way, it is not fair, this is not justice. I was taught God was a God of justice. Did someone lie to me,,,,,,,,, again??? Hummmmmmmm

Personally, I am thinking that man wrote the Bible true, but it is not God's idea or even all the things that are attributed as acts of God. I think that man THOUGHT they knew what God's ideas or plans were..............and wrote it as fact. At least I hope .. Dede

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Adam and Eve were boring. God wanted to spice things up! Remember folks, its all about Entertainment....and goodie 2 shoes are zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit