What Did The Angels Know?

by Dutchie 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Farkel,

I appreciate your comments.

However, I believe that by picking apart these "fairty Tales" we will be able to see them for just what they are. The stories in the Bible, when dutifully explored, make absolutely no sense. So in order for that to be truly realized we sometimes have to crutinize them closely. Wouldn't you agree with that?

By the way, I believe that the wicked old woman really wanted to eat Hansel and Gretel and I believe that her house was made of delicious gingerbread to lure innocent little children to her waiting oven.

• Dazed
    Dazed

Crazy, compare directly

NWT: "So down the great dragon was hurled, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth, and his angels were hurled down with him."

KJV: "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Pretty much the same.

Dazed...and thoroughly confused.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dutchie,

: The stories in the Bible, when dutifully explored, make absolutely no sense.

You're darn right they don't. That's why I'm sticking with the Hansel and Gretel story. It may not be true and it may be a little violent, but it ain't nearly as violent as the Bible.

I'd be less scared of a woman who ate a few children than a God who murders children by the trainloads.

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So if the angels did not exercise free will, why do you suppose Satan could convince so many of the angels to turn against God, a God with whom they must have had a personal relationship with?

The answer comes next week. Same Bat-time. Same Bat-channel.

• TR
    TR

Golly, I'm still trying to figure out the old woman in the shoe story.

TR

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

TR, I have always believed that the old woman in the shoe was a bit of a trollop. If you remember that was never any mention of the old man in the shoe. So where did all those kids come from? Just speculation on my part, but perhaps she was a street walker, never had access to birth control and so kept popping out babies. Also, she was obviously not getting any support from any of the fathers. Als an aside, Child Protective Services should have really put her behind bars because before she put the poor starving children to bed she beat them. Obviously, she was also strung out on some sort of opiant.

All around, a sad, sad situation.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I'm sticking to my "the devil is a people person" theory. If not for him and Eve we would be walking robots without free will. This assumes you believe the Bible.

• Xena
    Xena

Welllll the angels did come down here before the flood to get a little uuummm you know...so maybe they figured it was worth fighting for? Course it did get them completely cut off...except for those women who claim to have demon lovers....

ok I give up...I don't know why.

Although I did always wonder if maybe Satan is more powerful than God or the bible lets on...perhaps he cannot be stopped...just limited a bit....

Hansel and Gretel deserved to be eaten...nasty little children...disobeying their parents...trespassing...stealing...well maybe not EATEN..but a spanking would have been in order...and don't even get me started on Goldilocks!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Dutchie.

Man was created a little lower than the angels as the Bible says. Yet in Genesis, Man was given dominion over the earth and all its created beings . In fact, God put man in dominion over all the physical creation of the earth. Now Satan and a lot of others disagreed with this, its like the boss at work putting a new kid, untrained, in charge of the brand new factory complex. Some guys who had been with the company for years, had qualifications, and years of experience were offended. They even thought the boss had lost his mind. A lot of workers agreed with them.

Just a theory.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Just a theory.

But a pretty good one. They would rather die then take back seat to a bunch of stupid expierimental humans, a lower life form. Yep I would guess they were pretty damn insulted and pissed off and did some things they could not un-do. So as the story goes, they are going to go out with a bang and take as many down with them as they can on the way.

That sounds pretty basic. It does happen. Some one did manage to convience some idiot terrorists to fly a few 747's into the twin towers. And that is on a limited human level. Just imagine what could be accomplished with an upgrade. I seriously doubt that ben laden believes he will defeat anyone. Or he will "win" anything other then a bit of destruction and due as much damage as he can before he bites it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit