What Did The Angels Know?

by Dutchie 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Revelation 12: 9 of the New World Translation, says:

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth, he was hurled down to the earth and his angels were hurled down with him."

It has always been interesting to me that when Satan rebelled a lot of the angels went along with him in his rebellion.

I wonder what he said to convince all those other angels that he was right and that God was wrong.

Is it possible that they knew something that we don't know?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Dutchie,

I have always wondered about that. It made no sense to me that Satan would lead a rebellion he had no chance of winning. That is unless he thought he could exist separate and apart from God and be left to his own devices, or perhaps he could win. As to the angels, what possibly made them so dissatisfied they would risk everything to rebel?

• butalbee
    butalbee

Didn't God cast out satan and his evil angels out of heaven, via Michael the archangel? That's what my bible says...it's not NWT though, so....

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent called the devil and satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

• Liberty
    Liberty

Another in a series of many reasons why the Bible is bogus. It makes no logical sense that super intellegent spirit beings would oppose a truely almighty God unless it was obvious to them that it was possible to beat Him and hence He is NOT almighty. Also I've often thought that if His closest spirit companions hated Him enough to risk eternal destruction in a rebellion then ol'Jehover can't be all that nice of a guy to begin with. If the angels are willing to risk everything to be "bad" after having actually worked directly for Him how can humans stand a chance of being "good" when we have no evidence what-so-ever for His existance at all.

Edited by - Liberty on 4 September 2002 18:3:28

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    If the angels are willing to risk everything to be "bad" after having actually worked directly for Him how can humans stand chance of being "good" when we have no evidence what-so-ever for His existance at all.

Gosh, Liberty, excellent point!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Well, the Bible says that Lucifer is a lier and deceiver....maybe he is such a smooth talker that he promised them something he couldn't deliver...and the Angels, having free will, made a choice - a foolish one - but one they couldn't take back.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

who is misleading the entire inhabited earth

Thats funny, I dont ever remember seeing this in my KJV. Must be some new 'light'

Double,

You an your free will. Is it really free if God already knows they are going to do it?

• ISP
    ISP

It all sounds pretty garbage. Don't know how I believed it for so long!

ISP

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Crazy, yes that is interesting because the King James Versions says:

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

So if the angels did not exercise free will, why do you suppose Satan could convince so many of the angels to turn against God, a God with whom they must have had a personal relationship with?

• Farkel
    Farkel

I wish you people would quit speculating about fairy tales and answer some hard questions about REAL and provable historical facts.

For example, "Do you think that wicked old lady in Hansel and Gretel REALLY ate little children, or was that just a metaphor for a future anti-typical fulfillment in our modern day?"

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit