Hi Everyone! It's Antique!

by Lindy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi Ya'all, it me, Antique!

I'm new here, but not at H2O. Wow! I like this site much better than the new H2O! Faster, and the topics are much more interesting. I see a lot of ones from H2O here, and not over there much. I can see why.

I haven't been on H2O much lately and I came here because Farkel mentioned it a while back. I see more of my old pals like COMF and Uncle Bruce, Tina, etc.

Haven't been visiting much any where with college going full force for me. I was overwhelmed at first but now it is getting easier. I still have to study harder than my kids but I think my grades are better than theirs are too!! LOL! But they have a life outside college, unlike me. So far I'm getting A's in Pshyc. English Comp., and Reading and Study Skills, But not in my computer class. But I'm no where near flunking that either! I think thatis going to be a high C ore a low B.

We are on spring break right now but I have a lot of homework and things to catch up on school-wise. We had a couple snow days so no it is "catch-up" time. A psych test when we get back! Arrrgh!!
    But life is so much better now. I finally feel like I'm getting my life back after JWDumb. I do have a brain, I do have a brain, I do have a brain. Hehehe.

Well, love to all of you and I hope to see you a bit more often, but if I don't come often remember that I at least think of everyone. Hope everyone is okay and well.

I saw that Tally is back, and that is so nice, but I also see that there are jerks here as well as everywhere who are crude and unfeeling. Just ignore them Tally, you have lots of other people who are your friends.

Well, I just wanted to touch base and let the ones who are wondering where I went to, that I'm okay and doing fine! Gotta go study! (I love saying that!)
    Lindy

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((((Auntie!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))
    It is so good to hear from you :>
    WTG Excellent!! I was wondering how you were enjoying your classes.......
    Simon&Co have created a very nice place here,and some very very nice folks too!!
    OK,now Hit those books young lady!! lol,luv,Tina

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Antique! Lindy is such a pretty name, btw.

Good to see your post. I always enjoy them. Didn't know you were a college kid, though. Congratulations! I've heard that the younger kids don't like the "mature adults" in their classes when graded on a curve. Brings the curve way too high and interfers with their drinking time.

My son is in law school and he doesn't allow anything to interfer with his drinking time. lol.

Come back and visit.

waiting

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

Hi Lindy/Antique,

Good to hear from you and I'm glad school is going well. Probably got pounded by that snow that came through on Friday (didn't you say you're in the Cleveland area?)

:I do have a brain, I do have a brain, I do have a brain. Hehehe.

I never doubted that, I have read your posts at H2O.

Stop by for a visit time to time,
    Peace and Blessings,
    Michelle

• JAVA
    JAVA

Welcome to the group Lindy, it's nice seeing some of the h2o folks over here. Simon has set up a nice db with a little bite of something for whatever tickles your fancy. BTW, what is your major? Looks like you're working on some general education classes this semester.

--JAVA, counting time at the Coffee Shop

• joelbear
    joelbear

Welcome Antique,

I recently started back to college to finally pursue my dream of being a Math professor. Its taken me a long time to get up the nerve to do it. I am taking Philosophy and Pre-calculus this semester.

hugs

Joel

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hiya Antique :) Happy to see ya!

*hugs*
    Essie

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi Es,
    Thanks for the welcome. I love your picture. Happy to see you too!
    Lindy

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hello Joelbear,
    Isn't it great to learn again and finally be doing what you wanted to all along? I wish you the best in acheiving your goals. Don't feel bad about how long it took you to start. I tried for three years. I signed up and chickened out each time. I thought I was to old and I couldn't compete with the "youngsters" but it is working out just fine and some of the "youngsters" are attaching themselves to me and seeking help! It gets hard for me some times, but I love it just the same. You'll make a great Math teacher, and a great teacher in general because of what it took you to get where you are going!
    When I take general math I will seek your help. LOL! Math is my worst area! I have never gotten it, it never clicked. Bad teachers I suspect, from what I recall, and what I know know. You on spring break yet?
    Lindy

• Lindy
    Lindy

Thank you for the welcome. It seems to be a nice group of people. My major is social work. Probably with the elderly. It seems to be a growing feild. I'm not totaly sure yet. Yep, first semester and the next couple will have a lot of general subjects in it. One I don't look forward to is math, ;( the subject from hades, as far as I'm concerned! And I will have to do at least two of them! YUCK!
    Right now I'm taking a break from studying. I'm supposed to be on break this week and it seems to be no break at all, except for going to classes themselves. I do have some great intructors though. I hope they're all this good!
    Lindy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit