Los Angeles Silentlambs Press Release

by Cassiline 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Below is the press release submitted to the media in the Los Angeles area on the 3rd of September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles Silentlambs Press Release

Sex Abuse Victims and Advocates to Deliver Stuffed Animal to Local Churches across AmericaAnnounce Nationwide First Ever March for Jehovah's Witness Child Rape Victims

New Support Group Seeks Investigation of Church Hierarchy

Thursday September 5th at 10:30 AM at ten major cities across America at local Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses, a representatives for silentlambs will deliver a stuffed lamb as a symbol of innocence lost, also adults molested as kids by Jehovah's Witnesses and advocates will deliver a formal request from the silentlambs organization for a church hearing to investigate possible criminal cover-ups by the denomination's leadership for Jehovah's Witnesses the Governing Body. We will hold a news conference and announce a national march for molestation victims at Jehovah's Witnesses home office in Brooklyn, scheduled on September 27th.

Scheduled to be present at xxxxxxxx 1) The leader of a support group for ex-Jehovah's Witnesses in Downey, California and 2) a person who was present during some of the filming for the American Dateline and BBC Panorama episodes featuring child sexual abuse among the Jehovah's Witness faith.

This is the first public event ever for child rape victims of Jehovah's Witnesses. According to William H. Bowen founder of silentlambs, "We allege that Watchtower has established a child abuse policy that has ignored abuse survivors, protected child molesters and disfellowshipped those who have tried to support them. This will be a public statement that leadership for Jehovah 's Witnesses (Governing Body) must stop hurting children." Silentlambs is formally requesting the church to establish a tribunal to prosecute the governing body for their crimes against children.

Local contact: xxxxxxxxx
    National contact: William H. Bowen: 270-527-5350, cell 270-559-5345
    www.silentlambs.org

(local info edited, for now, per Bill's Bowen's advice)

Edited by - cassiline on 3 September 2002 22:17:22

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I wanted to thank everyone who is participating in this event.

Thank you all for giving a "voice" to Silent Lambs everywhere.

Roar Silent Lambs!!!!

Warmly,

Cassi, a not so silent lamb anymore.

Edited by - cassiline on 3 September 2002 21:57:30

• stichione
    stichione

Go get 'em.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Congrats Cassi! It sounds sooooo exciting!

Great job!

Grits

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hey Grits

I had nothing to do with the press release in CA. A friend asked that I help them get the word out.

Hugs

cassi

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

EXCELLENT!!

It is time that the Governing Body were made to answer for their actions. They have NEVER before had to face this sort of opposition from people who were once within the religion.

Keep giving them Hell folks!

Nowfree

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

YAY!!!!

A copy of this was graciously emailed to me earlier.... I would love to go, but it's during the week, and I have to work.... plus the hall that they're doing it at is about an hour away.

I am however thinking of sending a bouqet of flowers. I can't make up my mind as to what I want to put on the card though:

"In loving memory of all the victims of the Jehovah's Witness cult"

or

"I paid for these flowers with the money I've saved since I left"

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

There is so much activity going on with Silentlambs, I have to wonder if the GB is getting a little edgy now!!!!!!!!!!

Makes you wonder how they will try to worm this issue into the watchtower magazine. Of course they will attribute all of this as more acts of evil apostates in these last days.......bla bla bla.. They make me sick.

I wish I were able attend one of these marches,tosee it first hand. I would love to be there to hold hands with some of the dear ones I have met here that were abused as children and were forced to be silent. Like you said Cassi,,,,,, this is the time for them to not be silent anymore....I will be waiting to see how this turns out ,,,,,,,, please keep us informed. Thanks , Dede

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

You go! I can only image what was said from the platform to try to cover up this one.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I have to wonder if the GB is getting a little edgy now!!!!!!!!!!

They might, if anyone could ever wake them up!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit