Barbara Anderson article - outstanding!

by waiting 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• abbagail
    abbagail

Wow, cruzanheart, that gives me chills thinking they were so close to not only getting help, being being freed from the silence (at the Dallas facility), and then the WT turns around and codemns it as evil. BALONEY! I bet 1000% that you are correct in your assumption that "too much truth" was being told to the health care providers, so the GB canned the whole idea. What garbage! And YES! that phrase: the Guileless Ones... Arrrggghhhh!

Grits

• one
    one

good writting, finally

evidence is accumulating against the real target

PD

a WT lawyer or two may come out,

afraid of loosing his/her/their license (or due to better motive).

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Outstanding article Michael! Thank you for this indebt insight on this on going atrocity. Barbara and her husband Joe are to be commended for their unselfish love and unwavering aid to all the victims of the Watchtower's covering up and protecting child molesters.

Some particularly conscientious elders sought to step outside their restrictive bounds as spiritual counselors in seeking to assist those traumatized by abuse. They were holding sessions that amounted to group therapy with victims of abuse, but this was quickly ended by a March 23, 1992 letter to all bodies of elders in the United States, stating that elders are not to hold such sessions nor "spend time reading secular publications dealing with worldly psychology or psychiatry."

I was so surprised to see the above, as I was a part of this back and forth letters to the society trying to get permission to have group therapy sessions within the congergation during this time period. I'm not sure if this was the case mentioned, but it was the time period and I knew there were other groups in other areas and outside our state asking the same things we were. Our group did succeed for about four years, although it did not involve the elders in anyway but we did have outside help from "worldly psychiatrist" as this met the requirements the Society wanted.

I'll hang onto this article it's a keeper for sure and I'm trying to figure a way to distribute it among some of my still "in" family. This is just too credible to pass up.

Thanks waiting!

bc I'll go back when pigs fly!

• Dia
    Dia

It all makes me wonder if pedophilia might be THE defining characteristic of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Maybe pedophilia and child abuse and the domination of women is what this religion is really all about.

And the rest is just a lot of smoke and mirrors and some nice and extremely naive people thrown in just for distraction.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Excellent article. This goes back to the top.............

• Room 215
    Room 215

Wonderful article; arguable the best yet published.... but on Toasted Cheese? Doesn't this deserve a much larger platform? How about a reissue as a Silentlambs press release to the major newspapers and newswires, once Mike's permission has been obtained?

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

bttt

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Just as I figured all along: some of the best articles in the magazines were written by women!

What a shame that the only solution the organization has for dealing with bright and conscientious minds is to get rid of them.

• ugg
    ugg

"outstanding"

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This article has really impressed upon me what a hero Barb Anderson is. This was an amazing article , very to the point and shows the true concern that Mrs. Anderson has for the children. It will be interesting to see how all of this will end, will it be the downfall of the WT or will it at least force them to change their policies regarding reporting child abuse? In whatever way it goes, it will be for the better for the children. It will at least maybe open the eyes of the parents and they will keep a close eye on their children. I mean when I was a witness I always suspected that anyone could harm my children, even JW's , but some JW's don't think like that. Maybe now they will.

I knew a young sister who went to the Dallas, TX. center. She had been a regular pioneer since the age of 10 and was only 17 or 18 at the time. She got a job at a pizza parlor and started having feelings for a young boy,,,, very natural...... if you ask me,,,,,,,,, her mom , put her over there and I am not sure the events that happened after that. I just remember this family fondly, the younger daughter and my son were very close, and I loved them very much. In fact, I was in active labor , with my daughter , waiting in the car while my hubsband, was tending to this family. I knew things were going very badly in that home and I loved them so much , I wanted my husband to check on them. We finally had to go,,,, and they were right behind us , to take pictures of our beautiful baby . Soon after that , the oldest daughter, was put in that hospital and the next thing I remember she went back down south to live with her non believing father. A few weeks later , we heard the news that she had died in a car wreck late one night. I couldnt believe it,,,,,,,,I still wonder if that wreck was just an accident. If she wasnt made to think she was crazy , would she had stay here, and would she might still be alive today? She loved her mom, she loved God, but something made her run away. I later heard from her mom that she had been abused as a child ,.. I will always think of this beautiful young girl and I hate the JW for making life so hard for kids like her. There are alot of good elders out there,,,,,, my husband was one,,,,, but one doesnt make enough of a difference. The change has to come from the top and the way it looks they are not going to budge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit