by professor 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Professor

I went this year due to nuttin else to do

Edited by - Dismembered on 3 September 2002 13:2:14

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Messenger, I don't think that applies to everyone. I don't believe and I wouldn't have gone the past couple of years exept for the fact that my family badgers me and my wife to go, so we go to please them and to keep in association with my wife's minor siblings who still live at home and who we care deeply about.

I don't believe that I salute what they do or support it when I go to the Memorial, it means nothing to me. If they want to count my number as one of their "attendees" so be it, I know the truth.

But believe me, I have no illusions about "being saved" or staying a nominal witness by attending. If my attendance was not so desired by my family I would definitely not go.

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

It IS christmas/easter for witnesses.

I've never understood those who go to 'hedge their bets.' Why bother? Don't they get it? If you still give any credence to the witness doctrine, then you're either a 5 meetings a week/10 hours a month witness and you're saved, or you're not and you're doomed. The dogma doesn't allow for hedging.

-Josh/Joe

P.S. hey prof, long time no post to (my fault). I see the girls prevailed upon you to change your profile pic back. Wrapped around a finger or two are we?

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I go just because my mom is still a JW, and since she can't drive herself I take her. Last year's memorial was really weird for me....I felt as if I didn't belong there and everything that was said from the platform sounded so "robotic". My mom has been pretty disgusted with a few things that the JW's have done, so I wouldn't be surprised if this year she decides not to go. I she could find a ride, I don't think I'd like to go this year.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    works

Exactly! Well put, pomegranate.

Cheers, Ozzie

• professor
    professor
    P.S. hey prof, long time no post to (my fault). I see the girls prevailed upon you to change your profile pic back. Wrapped around a finger or two are we?

I'm only a gentleman. I have to please the ladies. (Actually it was Stephanus who finally convinced me to change it back!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit