How many errors can you find in the lesson?

by Dubby 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Dubby
    Dubby

How many inconsistancies can you find? How many things are not told about the religion in this lesson? Also check out the note at the bottom of the page.

"Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life"
    Lesson 16
    Your Decision to Serve God
    What must you do to become a friend of God? (1, 2)

How do you make your dedication to God? (1)

When should you be baptized? (2)

How can you gain the strength to stay faithful to God? (3)

1. To become a friend of God, you must obtain a good knowledge of Bible truth (1 Timothy 2:3, 4), put faith in the things you have learned (Hebrews 11:6), repent of your sins (Acts 17:30, 31), and turn around in your course of life. (Acts 3:19) Then your love for God should move you to dedicate yourself to him. This means that in a personal, private prayer you tell him that you are giving yourself to him to do his will.-Matthew 16:24; 22:37.

2. After you have made your dedication to God, you should be baptized. (Matthew 28:19, 20) Baptism lets everyone know that you have dedicated yourself to Jehovah. So baptism is only for those who are old enough to make a decision to serve God. When a person is baptized, his whole body should be put under the water momentarily.* -Mark 1:9, 10; Acts 8:36.

3. After you have made a dedication, Jehovah will expect you to live up to your promise. (Psalm 50:14; Ecclesiastes 5:4, 5) The Devil will try to stop you from serving Jehovah. (1 Peter 5:8) But draw close to God in prayer. (Philippians 4:6, 7) Study his Word each day. (Psalm 1:1-3) Stick close to the congregation. (Hebrews 13:17) By doing all of this, you will gain the strength to stay faithful to God. For all eternity you thus can do the things that God requires of you!

* A study of Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life, or similar book published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, is recommended in preparation for baptism.

Edited by - dubby on 15 June 2000 2:43:12

Edited by - dubby on 15 June 2000 2:44:10

• Maxee
    Maxee

Foremost that you baptise yourself to the organisation not God.
    You can no longer associate with people who are not witnesses.
    You give up your freedom of conscience if you do not you will be disfellowshipped ie disagreement with doctrine of the FDS
    That you will now be a part of a publishing company who's main goal is to get as much of their publications out as possible for as little cost as possible for themselves.
    The WTBTS is not responsible for any decisions you make regarding blood and legalities which may arise.
    In essence you become an antichrist of sorts because you now have faith in 144,000 and the remnant left on earth Known as the faithful and discreet slave to be your mediator for God. Hence not following Jesus words that he is the only waqy to God.
    Last but not least you are not to get heavily invovlved with the internet this will be few as associating with apostates.

• Maxee
    Maxee

I would like to back up my statement which may have sounded harsh regarding the faithful and discreet slave replacing Jesus as mediator.
    [url] http://www.jwfiles.com/mediator.htm[/url]

• waiting
    waiting

Hey, Maxee,

I've spent a decent amount of time at Shaun's site. A lot of good information about the Society can be found there. Thanks for the click.

You read a lot more into the WTBTS paragraphs than I did. I must be tired.

• gumby
    gumby
    3. After you have made a dedication, Jehovah will expect you to live up to your promise.

Thats right folks......once your dunked, you are not allowed to think, or change your mind on what you have learned. You are eternally bound to stick with what you have learned to that point. Now that's making advancement eh?

Gumbastard

• Valis
    Valis

If one wanted to be a zealous Christian that doesn't sound too strange, as long as we're not talking about JWs, cuz that would be the farthest thing from having a personal relationship with a diety one could imagine. There is no personal recognition of what one might call their own biblical truth whatsoever. Even after hours and hours of pouring over their litterature they have little connection with the words, only the answer for the first or second time they have to raise their hand. I can argue w/my dad and he will retort w/scripture I don't have a clue about, but he spouts them out and ya I can even see through the age old JW veneer of twisting scriptures, yet alas debate is futile. It still isn't personal for them IMO. All autoresponse and self defense mechanism. Christians wanna meet and sing and pray and study I say that's all good, just be honest with yourself above all things. Oh and I need a new KJV for my birthday please!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby
    Christians wanna meet and sing and pray and study I say that's all good, just be honest with yourself above all things. Oh and I need a new KJV for my birthday please!

I agree Valis. The only problem is......if christians were to do this in many churches.......and they VOCALISED their honest opinions on many matters.........they would be heretics.

I will go to the salvation army today and see if they have a KJV bible and mail it to ya if the shipping isn't over 50 cents.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Well, point one can be read in a Christian context.
    Point two wouldn't go down so well in paedo-baptist circles, but the Baptist denomination would agree.
    Finally we get to the crux of the matter in point three, where these two points stand out, to me:

Stick close to the congregation.

Meaning the WTS. If it was worded "church", meaning the universal church, then most Christians could probably agree to that point too.

For all eternity you thus can do the things that God requires of you!

Erm, that's counter-doctrinal of them. Allegedly only the anointed get eternal life. The R&F get everlasting life. Hence the statement should probably be written "Therefore you can do the things that God requires of you everlastingly!".

But of course noone speaks like that, and it would miss the opportunity to reinforce the language of the "God Require" brochure by ending the sentence with that phrase. Remember how they like to hammer out phrases over and over again so that your mind can't forget them? It's a "conditioning" thing!

• gumby
    gumby
    Erm, that's counter-doctrinal of them. Allegedly only the anointed get eternal life.

Well.....I'm not sure about that. I thought the dubs believed that at the release of satan at the end of the 1000 year reign.....if they pass that final test......then their names could be written in the book of life. No more satan, and no more tests of integrity. I could be wrong .

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:They would still NEVER say that the R&F get "eternal" life.
    It's class distinction, doncha know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit