Why..........

by capbuster 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

stink, im sorry i didnt phrase that right. im glad u care and alot of other people care what i meant to say is i dont care. i did at 1 time but no more. thats all didnt mean any disrespect to you or any1 else who does actually care...........cheers.

• capbuster
    capbuster

Stinky Pantz, Sorry it took so long to get back to you on your questions. I was very busy yesterday and I had hoped you would have emailed me like you talked about. I'm not saying I have the answers you want to hear, but they will be the best ones I can give. Email me and maybe we can talk or study on what ever. There's not much about the questions you have already asked, I myself would like to know, only for curiosity, where God came from. The Bible says the Land of Temon is where God came from, now where that's at I don't know only that it is in the east. The answers to your next two are No, No. I hope this helps some. If you have anymore that I maybe can help you with let me know. Also I would like to tell you that I'm glad you care and I know Jesus is happy that you do to. See ya.

Capbuster

Edited by - capbuster on 5 September 2002 23:35:4

Edited by - capbuster on 5 September 2002 23:36:46

• Believer3307
    Believer3307

I would love to discuss your thoughts with you stinky...just food for thought... God doesn't come from anywhere, he's eternal, has always existed that is.You see, God exists outside of time or is not subject to time in the same way we are. Therefore he needs no beginning or end. We could talk about this for a long time -lol-. No there are no equals to God... what reason is there to think that there is? Can he self destruct? I would have to say no.. the only reason I can think of personally, is that he is all-loving and a morally perfect being. With that in mind he cannot break his promises to his creatures, therefore he could not self-destuct. Again we could talk about these things for a while.. :) ; please know, I cannot answer all your questions but I do enjoy discussing them.. I personally, believe Christianity is the most reasonable and plausible worldview.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well Believer you said God cannot self destruct but if he is all powerful then why not? I'm not saying "will he ever", but instead "can he". If he can't self destruct then that limits his ability and that means he's not all powerful.

As far as not having a beginning your answer is too simple for me. As for having no equal how could you or anyone else know? Could he not have a Creator and not know it?

Capbuster said:

The Bible says the Land of Temon is where God came from, now where that's at I don't know only that it is in the east.
    That was a joke right? The east of what?
  • Believer3307
    Believer3307

Hi stinky, As far as the self destructing problem, to say that god is limited only means that he is limited in his perfections. You see, imorality or evil are not perfections. So for God to self destruct would go against his morally perfect nature. That, he cannot do. He is only limited by his unlimited perfection. And another point might be, how could anything that is eternal by nature self destruct? That would be logically impossible and God cannot do what is logically impossible. Such as making a square circle or asking what does the color blue smell like. As far as my answer of "God's have no beginning" being to simple for you, why it is to simple? What problem are you having there? As for having an equal, what reason is there to think that he does have an equal? Finally, no, he could not have a creator and not know it. If that were the case he would not be omniscient and thus would not be God.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Believer-

You assume by your reasoning that your view of God is absolute. This seems rather close-minded. You say that if he had a creator then he's not omniscient. . . okay then fine, he's not omniscient. I could accept that.

You said:

God cannot do what is logically impossible. Such as making a square circle or asking what does the color blue smell like

Says who? I think that by your definition God can in fact make a square into a circle or describe what the color blue smells like. He can do anything!

Why do you think God is eternal? Because you read it in a book? We all know that you shouldn't believe everything you read.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dear Cap,

My "hurting" is long since over, like forty years ago, and my spiritual search has been beautiful and rewarding. Unlike you, I have gone beyond worshiping Jesus and follow the light from whatever the source, ie, the Christ! That you have found fulfillment in one point of light is fine with me and I hope you are content and happy with your cup being full.

carmel

• Believer3307
    Believer3307

Stinky.... No, not in any way do I think my views are absolute. They are just views. I do not claim to be a philosopher or theologian and never will. Nor do I think philosophers or theologians views are absolute. I am a fallacious human being just like the rest of us, and maybe more so. Also, I would like to state, for the record, I am not a JW. That being said, I'll move on. No, I didn't say if God had a creator that he's not omniscient.. I said if He had a creator and "didn't know it" he wouldn't be omniscient. Which I believe he is. Also, as far the the discussion on the square circle and the odor of the color blue, these things are logical absurdities. What I mean is, they are not things at all. They are not consistent with reality or the universe. When we say that for God all things are possible, we are very right, but a square circle is not a thing at all. God cannot do what is "undoable", if you will . You asked why I think God is eternal. As I stated before, God doesn't exist in time or at least is not subject to it in the same way we are. He created time. Things that exist in time, naturally have a beginning and an end. But something existing timelessly doesn't require this. One thought on this is the "big bang" theroy. The theroy states that at the creation event, both space and time came into existence. So whatever caused the "big bang" existed without time and could not have had a beginning. It could not have a beginning because then we would be lost in infinte regression, asking "what caused this and what caused that?". Finally, there must be a first cause without beginning, and that is God. Also, yes I do read, and no I don't believe everything I read. I consider everything I can to the best of my ability and draw my conclusions from there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit