Why..........

by capbuster 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• capbuster
    capbuster

You all said I could ask anything I wanted to so here goes. I know you all are hurting really bad and I wish from the bottom of my heart I could do something. My question is....IF you know the borg is wrong and the WTBTS is wrong then.........WHY do you still read and believe some of the stuff they write.??? Someone on another thread said that there were over 300 things misquoted in this translation, and I believe it. I have a NWT given to me by a JW friend and it's not worth reading. Especilly the quote of JOHN 1:1. Please you all said I could ask anything so this is my question, and again my intention is to not make anybody angry.

Capbuster

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Capbuster,

What a cute name and welcome to the board.

I didn't know how to respond to your question, as I don't read the WTS stuff. It doesn't seem that many that post here do. Could you please clarify what you mean?

Thanks.

Pat

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    WHY do you still read and believe some of the stuff they write.???

Example?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Why does anybody believe what they believe?

Seriously Witnesses aren't the only wack religion out there. People like to pick and choose what they like to believe, its usually not something that is based upon reason, but comfort. Some of the beliefs are like a security blanket to these people.

There are some that leave the witnesses, but they never really "leave" the religion. They may return to another dogmatic form of Christian fundamentalism. It doesn't make any sense to us, but perfect sense to them.

It is both a beauty and a curse of humanity, our uniqueness and the unique way in which each of us, individually choose and follow our own paths in life.

Edited by - RandomTask on 3 September 2002 0:29:33

• capbuster
    capbuster

Well I didn't mean to sound so confusing. So I'll try to clarify if I can. I know that you all are hurting so deeply inside your souls from reading here for the past 2 months before signing in. I read, one thread where someone said that there are over 300 misquotes or made up scriptures in the New World Translation, and that you have to read the mags they print out in order to understand the Bible. So I was wondering if any of you all still read the NWT and WHY? I wish I knew a way to reach some of you and to tell you that Jesus really does really love you all, and wants you to worship him. Just because the JW's religion is what you have been associated with doesn't mean all churches are bad. I wish you all could go with me some Sunday and see all the fun we have in our little church. I don't have to do anything I don't want to at anytime. We do have fun and I wish I could think of something to say to comfort you all for the bad experiences you have gone through. The only thing is, just pray to JESUS and ask him to lead and guide you in where to go, and please don't get mixed up in anything where MAN starts telling you what and when you have to do something. I do pray for you good people that you won't think Jesus has let you down by what MAN has done to you by way of JW'S (cult). I have some good friends that are JW's and I wish that Jesus would open the door for me to talk to them after reading all the information on this board, maybe I could help them to see the light and not to wait on (brighter light) as taught by the JW's. Thanks again for listening.

Capbuster

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hi Buster,

Personally, I do read some stuff [not much] from the Borg, with the philosophy to beat them with their own weapons.

I do not believe in them anymore.

Viv.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Cap,

Most people here do not believe the Watchtower teachings anymore.

Personally when I read a Watchtower (which is not often) it confirms what a bad idea JWism is.

Thanks for your kind words, but please don't assume that just because we are EX-JWs we are "lost". Neither are we stupid. We can make our own religious decisions, thankyou.

Sirona

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Capbuster,

It does happen and I am an example of it.

I was raised a JW since I was a little girl. I pioneered for many years and after I married. I was disfellowshiped in the early 80's and lost all family and friends. It was devastating. Yet for some reason I could not and did not want to go back. I still did believe it was the truth and that I had gotton weeded out. I did not measure up. All those works got erased with one announcement from the platform.

I spent 16 years in limbo away from God. I felt so unworthy that I dared not read the bible ever. I believed what they had told me. That God wanted nothing more to do with me and that he would not hear my prayers. I was always so hurt and disliked myself inside for not having done a better job worshiping him and running that race to the finish.

About 4 years ago I began reading the bible. I forced myself to. I could not stand not having God in my life and having answers to things. It was very difficult to do, but a force that I did not understand was working with me and came out of the clear blue. I now know that it was the holy spirit.

It took over 3 years of reading. I met a person who became my friend and after awhile I found out they were christian. I acceptedd an invitation to go to a non denominational church (calvary chapel). I felt so guilty going. I felt I entered satans den. I felt even guiltier because I liked what I heard the pastor speak about. This continued on for another couple of years. I could not understand this born again thing.

One day..... while on an airplane, of all places, (LOL) God hit me in a big way. I became born again in a big way. I finally understood what it was to accpet Jesus as my savior. To give him the deity, honor and thanks he deserved. I finally knew what being a gift given in grace ment. I finally understood that no man, or religion or amount of knowledge or works could save me.

Best of all, though you may not understand the pain and quilt ex Jw's go thru is........I was cured of it. It was not that I had the answers all at once......BUT I FINALLY HAD THE FREEDOM in my mind to read the bible and believe what it said with out being an apostate for not agreeing with the JW organization.

So.....it does happen. I am a born again christian who now tries to help other ex JWs that are hurting. I now can do this out of love and not do it because I have a time card to fill out and want to save my own hide by earning brownie points with God. What a difference to do acts out of love rather than obligation.

much agape love gold Morning

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I just want to say that just because many of us aren't JW's doesn't mean that we no longer believe in God or Jesus. As far as not having faith in a church. . so what if we don't? I think that people can have faith in God and not in a church.

As far as not believing in a creator, I don't (or unsure either way), not because of the JW's but because of studying various Sciences (which JW's do discourage). I do believe in Jesus, but he was most likely a very charasmatic, well- spoken man, and not neccessarily godlike.

I ditto Sirona's thought though about us not being "lost". I am more clear about things now than I've ever been.

• capbuster
    capbuster

Sirona, It's not my intention to Judge you or any other person, that's Jesus's job. I can't say you are lost nor would I. Neither do I think you are stupid, on the other hand I think you are very, very smart for getting out. I feel for you all and what you have been through, and I just wanted to convey that there is life out there after the JW's which I'm sure you also know. Some how I just wanted to let you all know how happy a person can be worshipping Jesus in the right place. Again, my intention was not to judge or offend in any way.

Capbuster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit