"25 committee meetings"

by breeze 14 Replies latest jw friends

• breeze
    breeze

When I was seventeen I was very active, plans for Bethel, service etc., then I got into trouble.. I was sooo in love but my girl friend changed her mind. I could not go on without being honest with the congregation and went to the elders about our situation, that was a big mistake. My girl friend was associated with another congregation so we met with her congregation and then mine.....back and forth....this became brutal, my parents couldn't believe they could not come to a decision.....

They ruined me from ever being a great witness because I can't get beyond this feeling of not adding up...worthlessness...

After 20 meetings they said I was repentant but there were circumstances.

They then said after many more meetings several even with the district servant, (that was before the overseer titles), that I was to be disfellowshipped. Of course they disfellowshipped my girl friend also, we were both hurt very badly. I spent many years in bars trying to get this set in my mind. I am not in favor of this action, and I am sure that anyone that has been total avoided by all of their friends overnight would agree!

57 years I have associated with the dubs.

This feels good....

My first post was "still on the fence".....I have much of my family that are still very involved. So it is almost impossible to just turn quickly....I haven't been to a meeting in some time but I am having a problem saying that there is not good in there somewhere....

Got my fan going also...

BREEZE

Edited by - breeze on 3 September 2002 10:23:32

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'll say it for you. There is not good in there anywhere.

• minimus
    minimus

BREEZE, at that time, wasn't it almost automatic to be disfellowshipped for any sexual sin? I gather that's what made you have 25 meetings. Or you could have been put on "probation".

• breeze
    breeze

I think they were having sexual problems with soooo many of the youth in the sixties that they couldn't keep up with it. Yes disfellowshipping was pretty often the decision, and I am certain they had other alternatives.

Probation, public reproving etc....

Many of my freinds were DF'ed.

BREEZE

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ouch. You've been through the wringer, man. I know how you feel about trying to come to a decision. It took me a LONG time - I'm very stubborn - in the face of really overwhelming evidence, to realize that not going to meetings is the right decision. I hope it brings you peace. I hope it brings you closer to the God you believe in - remember Him? He's that God of love who realizes we all make mistakes and FORGIVES.

Take care and keep posting - you've got a lot of support here,

Nina

• ugg
    ugg

nice you are here,,,,sounds like a long tough road,,,,hang in there,,,and vent with us. it will make it

easier.....join in chat also...it helps alot...

• Been there
    Been there

Are those flies in the fan?

• breeze
    breeze

Huh, Flies???

NAAAAAA, flies wouldn't fly in a wind? Wind curtains you know!

Could be butterfiles?????

Duh don't know???

BREEZE

• breeze
    breeze

NO, Flies Do you like this one better?

• Been there
    Been there

Sorry breeze, need one thats child proof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit