Why would Jesus have to ask God in the Lord's Prayer, to not lead us into Temptation, but deliver us from evil..?

by Tater-T 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Someone help me here. I recall reading the account of Moses and the burning bush........He asked rather politely as to what name he should give to them.... Exodus 3 v 14 Moses is told this............ " I shall prove to be, what I shall prove to be". Yet in verse 1 of chapter 3 Moses is a shepherd and has come to the mountain of the (true) God, to Horeb. There is no mention of gods name in this instance. I am confused by this.

The fact that the word (true) is inserted by those who put out the NWT is evident. But the name of God was never known to be written. No text has the actual name of god according to scholars who have tried to find out the name or find some means of proving or disproving.

At one stage of my personal bible reading I came to the conclusion that God or YHVH could assume any identity he wanted. This could explain why he ..god... chose to harden the heart of the Pharaoh. All to prove a point!!!!! Why?

He even sent Saul, the king over who would eventually hunt David down, bad dreams and disturbance.

I started to wonder if I was going mad at some stage. I thought that perhaps Satan was another aspect of God, an aspect sent to "try" us.....I know that sounds mad, but God said he is ALL things.

Thoughts or guidance would be helpful here. Not just attacks but some references perhaps.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Sorry but in the book of Job Jehovah allowed Satan to destroy Jobs whole world as a test/bet/wager....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit