"Biting The Helping Hand..."

by silentlambs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Bill for the info. This case is a clear example of how many JWs worship the organization, for it is their god above all goodness or decency ... this Elder does represent the all too often attitude of many JWs Elders. A sad commentary, but nonetheless must be exposed for what it is. - Thanks again for helping the truth to come out on this hideous crime. - Jim W.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is how much Jesus Christ loves children:

Matthew 18:5: Whoever receives one such little child in My Name receives Me,
    Matthew 18:6: but whoever causes one of these little children who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him that a huge millstone should be hung around his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depths of the sea.
    Matthew 18:7: "Woe to the world because of occasions of stumbling! For it must be that the occasions come, but woe to that person through whom the occasion comes!

Matthew 18:10: See that you don't despise one of these little children, for I tell you that in Heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in Heaven.
    Matthew 18:11: For the Son of Man came to save that which was lost.
    Matthew 18:12: "What do you think? If a man has one hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, doesn't he leave the ninety-nine, go to the mountains, and seek that which has gone astray?
    Matthew 18:13: If he finds it, most assuredly I tell you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray.
    Matthew 18:14: Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in Heaven that one of these little children should perish.

Mark 9:42: Whoever will cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if he was thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around his neck.

Luke 17:1: He said to the Disciples, "It is impossible that no occasions of stumbling should come, but woe to him through whom they come!
    Luke 17:2: It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, rather than that he should cause one of these little children to stumble.

1st Corinthians 8:12: Thus, sinning against the Brothers (and Sisters), and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.

Matthew 25:31: "But when the Son of Man Comes in His Glory, and all the Holy Angels with Him, then He will sit on the Throne of His Glory.
    Matthew 25:32: Before Him all the nations will be gathered, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
    Matthew 25:33: He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
    Matthew 25:34: Then the King will tell those on His right hand, 'Come, blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
    Matthew 25:35: for I was hungry, and you gave Me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in;
    Matthew 25:36: naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
    Matthew 25:37: "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You; or thirsty, and give You a drink?
    Matthew 25:38: When did we see You as a stranger, and take You in; or naked, and clothe You?
    Matthew 25:39: When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
    Matthew 25:40: "The King will answer them, 'Most assuredly I tell you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My Brothers, you did it to Me.'
    Matthew 25:41: Then He will say also to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the Eternal Fire which is prepared for the Devil and his angels;
    Matthew 25:42: for I was hungry, and you didn't give Me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me no drink;
    Matthew 25:43: I was a stranger, and you didn't take Me in; naked, and you didn't clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you didn't visit Me.'
    Matthew 25:44: "Then they will also answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn't help You?'
    Matthew 25:45: "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Most assuredly I tell you, inasmuch as you didn't do it to one of the least of these, you didn't do it to Me.'
    Matthew 25:46: These will go away into Eternal Punishment, but the righteous into Eternal Life."

Hmmm, I wonder who is doing the work of the Lord Jesus Christ -- The Watchtower Society or the silentlambs?

Are there enough MILLSTONES to go around for the Wicked Watchtower Leaders?

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 1 September 2002 23:13:14

• Liberated
    Liberated

The article said this: "In effect, the child's accusation is dismissed unless another person saw the abuse or another child comes forward with an allegation against the same church member."

Has the two witness rule now changed to include separate victims of the same molester?

Libby

• LDH
    LDH

That sentence also jumped out at me when I read the article.

Like most of you, I wanted to vomit when I read it.

It physically sickens me to see their defense of their cowardly actions.

Along this same line, when I had a huge argument/disagreement with my parents over the Dateline show, my father stated he had sat on committees where the "accused" was given the opportunity to confront the "accusor." He also said many of the "accusors" .....denied such molestation had ever taken place.

I was just sick to my stomach and had to ask him.....why would a child *ever* stick with their story of being molested by a parent/relative....KNOWING they had to go home to that parent/relative after the judicial meeting????? I tried so hard to reason with them....

The answer I got was "Jehovah's ways are higher than man's." I was sick to my stomach. This is the "Helping Hand" victims are getting.

More like the "middle finger."

Lisa

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I read the article earlier in the mail.

I wasn't supprised. I wouldn't expect anything less from a group of men who think like masons.

• waiting
    waiting

This is a good thread.........but the outrage at that man who feels that elders tried to help a dog (because that's where the original idea of the saying comes from) - and then the cur of a dog retaliated........is really quite common in the world - and jw's are really a part of this world.

It didn't surprise me - it exemplifies how the Ruling JW's feel about their own members.....dogs. Thus, children would be litters from bitches, right? And that's pretty much how they think of women - although they talk a good talk, at times.

Remember how we were taught that the Pharisees had a common name for the common people which loosly translated into "mud people." They thought of their followers the same way.

I think a significant amount of survivors wouldn't be overly outraged at how the ruling jw's view their followers. It's pretty much the same view as any abuser. Not saying it doesn't suck.....just saying it's common - and jw's are common.

Lol........and we actually were dumb/blind enough to think we were *better* than everyone else in the whole, wide, world. We were *chosen by God.*

waiting

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Middle finger is right, Lisa; you wrote: "..my father stated he had sat on committees where the "accused" was given the opportunity to confront the "accusor."

I have met adult male victims in their 40s who wouldn't be able to confront their accused. Even though they are no longer their molester's "type" [read: no longer a child], the victim often has an overpowering fear of being re-abused. Even though this may seem irrational it is very real for the victim. I think keystone cops Elders are way over their head in this matter. They should turn it over to the police and other trained professionals. I never met an Elder, district or circuit overseer yet who could comprehend the psychological damage child sexual abuse causes.

• waiting
    waiting
    "..my father stated he had sat on committees where the "accused" was given the opportunity to confront the "accusor." - lisa

Unless one has been molested/raped/brutalized as a child, I really don't think they can comprehend the mind & body numbing fear that a victim can have of their abuser. It doesn't matter that he/she's an old person now - the long ago memories sometimes aren't logical.

Has anyone ever had a decently serious case of claustrophobia? Irrational. But try and think your way through it giving no hint of your terror. Well, that helps give an example of the overpowering fear that the abuser can bring forth..............even decades later.

Now picture a child, a teen, a young person who is "given the opportunity to confront" his abuser....particularily if he then has to go home alone with the same person. The shame, the fear, the terror would be almost insurmountable. Now take the same scenario - but the accuser states his innocence - and the victim is judged a liar by God's representatives. The kid then gets the priveledge of sitting in the same KH as his/her rapist - and any who hear of the situation most likely will take the side of the brother........Afterall, the elders dismissed the situation, didn't they?

There are many victims/survivors after having years of therapy who still refuse to "confront" their abusers. Some with damn good reasons, too. No person has the right to orchastrate a meeting which is forced on the victim. It's abuse all over again and disgusting.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you." is the correct quote, I think. It's an old quote, and gives the connotation that there is a Master, and a dog (or other animal) that is being handfed. If the dog turns against the Master, the Master will refuse food - thus the food stops.

The implication that the idiot jw spokesperson gave only typifies their true feelings towards their followers. They are the Masters - the followers are fed by them and dogs.

waiting

• Perry
    Perry

Let's face it folks. We're dealing with institutionalized ignorance of an unprecedented degree. Now that we are out, can you even imagine subjecting our own children to their accused abuser in a confrontation?

It's absurdity and irresponsibility at its highest level. Yet, that is the mentality that our brothers and fathers continually extol. It is insanity!

Anybody not in a cult would surely call the police or at the very least a trained counselor...at least in a regular church if they didn't have the money. The police would do their valuable investigative work and the accused would be judged by his/her peers as it should be. That is the rule of law .... not the self-serving interest of a few self appointed prophets.

The Greeks had the right idea:

"Though the heavens may fall, let justice prevail" - Ancient Greek Proverb

God Bless America.

• waiting
    waiting

Lisa - thanks for the well-meaning quote from your elder father. I know that he doesn't understand the implications of what he said...............but he said a mouthful of disguest. He is an abuser of children and all child abuse victims/survivors. - like all elders who encourage and demand that the accusor be "given the opportunity" to confront the accused.

DOES THE COURT AND NEWS PEOPLE KNOW THAT JW'S MAKE SMALL CHILDREN AND/OR ADULTS CONFRONT THEIR ACCUSORS - without checking with mental health professionals who know the victim beforehand? Wiithout professional evaluation beforehand?

I know I've read about situations like this before.......but never read where elders were actually PROUD of this fact - and think they're doing a Good Service for the abused.

It's as archaic as a construction worker doing medical procedures. Well, actually, that's what's happening. Untrained men are doing medical procedures on the mind - and doing incredible damage.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit