*AUDIO* of our COVERT OPS & THE STORY

by zev 34 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

Gwen and I went on a mission Over the last two weeks, the parts from the KM, August 2002 was covered, "Displaying Christian Loyalty When a Relative is Disfellowshipped " and we went to get it on "record" for ya'll.

Going in as a couple of "interested ones"...into a KH that i was reasonably sure i wouldn't be recongnized as THE "UADNA-RI" i went in with a hidden wire and tape recorder to get the "evidence"

On this site you will find links to 4 audio files... The first two are "the part", and the other two files are an audio clip of the "love bombing" attack we got when we left the first meeting, and the reading of a letter to "all congregations" concerning the discontinuation of subscriptions.

As with all JW things, it is interesting to hear the comments made by the speaker, things NOT written in the KM, and views, attitudes, and references made when speaking of how to treat disfellowshipped family members.

All in all, I am glad we went on this misssion. It was a mission to bring to you the REAL truth of how JW's treat and speak about how to treat disfellowshipped ones, especially when it comes to your family members.

Here is the site: http://hometown.aol.com/haroldev3/myhomepage/profile.html

Please feel free to post anything that you may find noteworthy, helpful, and any problems you may have. This was my first time working with audio, and tape, converting it into digital to publish on the web.

• Matty
    Matty

Well done Zev, you're an absolute star.

I sat through both these service meeting items in my own hall trying not to let people see any change in my facial expression, even though it all just sickened me. Needless to say I did not answer up.

• Valis
    Valis

zevs...good job man! Except you need to hand out barf bags at the door. I'm listening to it as I type this post. "Remove the wicked man from yourselves" indeed. What a load of crap! I guess this means I'm a tax collector now? I hate the way they break up families ...loyalty=no association w/your own kin...AH! So now the've given up the idea of trying to get DA'd and DF'd people back.."no spiritual association or social association"....Jesus lord! Zev squirms wildly in his uncomfortable chair...listening to uncomfortable talk...loyalty to to Jehovah's arrangement is more important than having relationships like normal people...."sweet fellowship" ick! We shouldn't be suprised at thier shunning tactics cause we knew it was gonna happen...it was a choice we made and should have to suffer the consequences...GRRRR....fucking sickos! Sister Slater needs a good smack...."I remember when my sister was disfellowshipped blah blah blah..." Brother Travis did they say? I must have been high on crack and attended meeting that day...How should loyal christians treat a DA'd or DF'd relative? You better like Jesus more than your family. "Safe" to say."most of us here have been affected by disfellowshipped people..."God's word commands us not to keep company"...so now we all get called wicked...rather broad generalization...greedy persons, fornicators, drunkards, tax collectors...ugly rationalization...Paul says no mixing in comapny...repeat no hanging out w/a man of the nations..swallow and repeat...swallow and repeat...Oooh...Jesus says three strikes and you're out...Can we speak to them? A simple "hello" could lead to apostacy...Ah sheesh...that was awful. Thanks for the recording zev..I hope you can recover from having to do that..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "tax collector" class

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I wonder how many dubs sat there knowing they would have to obey but inside their hearts were breaking

Thanks for doing this and posting it

• LDH
    LDH

"DISFELLOWSHIPPED PERSONS SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED ON A PERSONAL MAGAZINE ROUTE"

"DISFELLOWSHIPPED PERSONS SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED ON A PERSONAL MAGAZINE ROUTE."

NICE. Twice for emphasis.

The letter states DF'd persons may "attend the meetings" and request literature for personal use.

I wonder how many meetings you'd have to go to as a df'd person to get a new wt2002 cd???

Thanks Gwen and Zev.

Lisa

• somebody
    somebody
    "DISFELLOWSHIPPED PERSONS SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED ON A PERSONAL MAGAZINE ROUTE"

"DISFELLOWSHIPPED PERSONS SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED ON A PERSONAL MAGAZINE ROUTE."

Lisa,

I said the same thing to zev. I could not help but to notice that the "brother" tried to emphasize that. I find it strange also that gift subscriptions for those who got one for their df'd relatives every year cannot go and personaly deliver the mags now either. They have to write the branch office and they will have "someone" call on or deliver your relative. What sense does that make! You can't do it because it's YOUR family member, but someone else can? In my opinion, that is to keep the family ties as severed as they possibly can. It obvoisly has NOTHING to do with "keeping the congragation clean". It makes me sick. These two meeting were the first I've attended in 23 years. I felt like a dog returning to it's own vomit ( that was me coughing and clearing my throat to try to stifle the gag reflex of trying to swallow the vomit I was being fed ), but it was well worth eating. I got sick of JWs in a certain chat telling me I was a liar and an apostate when they were telling others in the chat that it is NO TRUE that JWs have to stop talking to there own family members who are df'd. That they can as long as it isn't about anything spiritual. This JW woman in the chat said " My sister-in-law is df'd and I talk to her ALL THE TIME!", after calling me a liar.

I was sickend by the examples they used to give "permission" for anyone who has a df'd or da'd relative to see them. If there is a death, or a will to be read. How nice, eh? And so freekin loving!

peace,

gwen...who is going to take some deep breaths for now, before I go on a rampage again.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Well Done Zev and thanks for uploading the recordings.

Qwerty

• Larry
    Larry

Damn good job Zev!!!! - This recording is valuable. Thanks a million!

I didn't know they still say - "Let's turn our attention over to Bro. So-and-So," and "Let's consider paragraph..." Haven't they thought of some thing more creative.

Gave me chilling reminders, especially as a reader. I remember trying to sound just like the GB would sound if they read the material.

I don't know why they use quote the Bible as the authority - The real authority, in their world, is the words of the GB.

I can imagine in other K-Halls children answering such venom and being viewed as cute, as the congregation snickers at the expense of someone's life :-(

Peace - LL

• sf
    sf

Hello you two ...nice to see you.

Count on it being 'kept Alive/Awake!' in yahoo rooms.

I've added it to my profile links for inquisitors/ lurkers.

sKally

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

First of all, thank you Zev for recording and listing the talk on the New Light on How To Treat Disfellowshipped Relatives. You did a great job.

Secondly, whole in the hell do these old geezers in Brooklyn think they are? Listening to another dub talk has raised my ire against them, again. How much can they distort the Bible and get away with it? How many families can they encourage to split apart and continue to get away with it? These people really piss me off!

Lets look at some points;

*** w81 9/15 28 If a Relative Is Disfellowshiped . . . ***
    That will mean changes in the spiritual fellowship that may have existed in the home. For example, if the husband is disfellowshiped, his wife and children will not be comfortable with him conducting a family Bible study or leading in Bible reading and prayer. If he wants to say a prayer, such as at mealtime, he has a right to do so in his own home. But they can silently offer their own prayers to God.

Where does the Bible ever state that no one will be comfortable with a husband of a different belief conducting any type of study or prayer? Does not the Bible say it is the husbands REPOSNSIBILITY to teach the family and pray?

*** Rbi8 1 Corinthians 7:13 ***
    13 and a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and yet he is agreeable to dwelling with her, let her not leave her husband.

If the man is to be slighted within his own household, my wife and children, at the insistence of the Watchtower, are they not encouraging the wife and children to leave the husband emotionally? Is this not a most effective cause of divorce?

*** Rbi8 Ephesians 5:21-24 ***
    21 Be in subjection to one another in fear of Christ. 22 Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord, 23 because a husband is head of his wife as the Christ also is head of the congregation, he being a savior of [this] body. 24 In fact, as the congregation is in subjection to the Christ, so let wives also be to their husbands in everything.

Can a wife be in subjection to her husband, IN EVERYTHING, if encouraged to slight him within their home? Does this not obligate the wife to listen to her husband, if he were to decide to teach beliefs contrary to the JWs? Of course, she should be free to believe as she wishes, but where does the husband ever lose the right to teach the Bible as he sees fit?

*** Rbi8 Ephesians 5:31 ***
    31 For this reason a man will leave [his] father and [his] mother and he will stick to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

Can they be one flesh with a printing corporation between them? Many times, they have lauded a mate for leaving a religion and coming into the JWs, yet, if reversed, they condemn it.

What do they use for justification for this ripping of families apart?

*** Rbi8 Matthew 10:37 ***
    37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

As we all know, the me mentioned is Jesus. What arrogant bastards the Watchtower are for equating themselves to Jesus. Many leave the Watchtower to find Jesus.

*** Rbi8 Matthew 18:17 ***
    17 If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector.

Another they use for justification of their emotional blackmail they call shunning. Lets look at this. A man of the nations! Who are they? They were nonchristians, where they not? Yet, JWs go out door to door visiting these men of the nations often. They speak to them and encourage them to come be sucked into the cult. Logically, if they are shunning DFd and DAd ones as men of the nations, should they also not be going out in service peddling their Watchtower crap?

Tax collectors?

*** Rbi8 Mark 2:15-17 ***
    15 Later he happened to be reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners were reclining with Jesus and his disciples, for there were many of them and they began following him. 16 But the scribes of the Pharisees, when they saw he was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, began saying to his disciples: Does he eat with the tax collectors and sinners? 17 Upon hearing this Jesus said to them: Those who are strong do not need a physician, but those who are ill do. I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.

If they truly believed they had the truth, would they not heed and follow the example of Jesus? Would they not encourage all to be helping the weak ones and not shunning them and making their lives so miserable, they come running back to the cult or worse, commit suicide? And who was complaining about Jesus reclining and eating with tax collectors? The Pharisees. No, the Watchtower does not equal Jesus, but it appears they do equal the Pharisees.

Some points borrowed from The Beacon article on shunning;

There were two kinds of association for religious worship:
    1) public meetings, such as at the temple and in synogogues, which anyone was allowed to attend; and
    2) private gatherings of the different sects.
    Christians and Jews participated in both. Christians, met in private homes, usually over a special meal with prayer. A presiding minister hosted the meal using either fellowship funds or personal funds. (Acts 20:20; see the footnote in older editions of the NWT)

Christians were instructed to "greet" one another with a kiss. (Rom.16:16; 1.Cor.16:20; 2Cor.13:12; Ti.3:15; 1Pet.5:14) When Paul sent his "greetings" in a letter to the Christians in Thessalonica, he requested that the "brothers" be greeted by a "holy kiss" on his behalf. (1Thess.5:26) It was by this sign that Judas betrayed Jesus. (Luke 22:47,48)

Clearly, Paul did instruct Christians to expel from the congregation's fellowship any person who was purposely practicing willful sin. The disassociation would quite naturally exclude them from being greeted by the identifying "holy kiss," as well as not being allowed to share in meetings and the meals for Christian worship and prayer. However, Paul's instruction did not prohibit normal conversation or witnessing to former members. Nor were they barred from attending worship in the temple or the synagogues. Jesus, the apostles and Paul, along with the rest of the Jews, worshipped God both publicly in the temple and synagogues, and privately with small groups in various homes. (Acts 5:42) It was from the private Christian fellowship for worship that sinners were excluded.

For sake of brevity, I will stop at this point. Clearly, the Watchtower is not following the examples of Jesus, yet use a distortion of scripture to justify their steel grip on cult members.

To quote an often heard euphemism around here, F**K the Watchtower!

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit