by morrisamb 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bad apostate bad hehehehehe

well glad we have that sorted out

Bill posted that the woman who is going to court is Victoria Boer

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dang! How many more times can these idiot dubs shoot themselves in the foot?

: "The elders were trying to provide her with spiritual help during a difficult time and the elders feel that she is basically biting the helping hand," he said.

Here's how they typically "try to help" victims:

1) You don't have two witnesses, so keep your mouth shut, or we will disfellowship you.
    2) Don't tell anyone else about this, or we will disfellowship you.
    3) Don't get professional help. Read your Bible and pray.
    4) It was probably all your fault anyway, you slut.

And if you don't like that "help" you are "biting our helping hand" and don't you forget it.

: As well, the church argues the woman never sued her father, and never complained to the elders or church about how her case was handled until the lawsuit was filed in 1998.

Now THAT is a GREAT defense: "The woman has no credibility because she never filed a lawsuit over this before she did file a lawsuit over this."

Idiots. Morons.

Farkel

• apostate
    apostate

English is my second language, I don't allways write what I mean. Yeah, like the Watchtower does it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Doug,

Vicki's dad is very sick in hospital.

Its impossible to sue someone sooo sick.

Also - the suit is about how the elders treated her and the insane policy is the main reason for the suit.

This press story is the first of a lot more to come on this story.

Enjoy

hawk

• waiting
    waiting
    : As well, the church argues the woman never sued her father - news article

And the point would be.............?

It doesn't make what the church did any more right or wrong whether she sued her father or not. It might make a difference in how the jury feels, though. If he's very sick, it's good that she's understanding enough of another person's pain to allow mercy. More than the bastard did for her.

and never complained to the elders or church about how her case was handled until the lawsuit was filed in 1998. - news article
    Now THAT is a GREAT defense: "The woman has no credibility because she never filed a lawsuit over this before she did file a lawsuit over this." - Farkel

Can't top that response.

waiting

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    Church spokesman Clive Thomas said that while the church has sympathy for her case, the lawsuit is misdirected.

well clive, sweetie, doesn't sound much like she's a person who's dependent on your sympathy, and unfortunately for you, only the judge is able to decide if the lawsuit is misdirected....

all the wt lawyers and wt men, couldn't put wt back together again.........

what the hell....I edited grammar, ok ?

Edited by - deddaisy on 4 September 2002 1:17:9

• honestly
    honestly

First of all I must make it clear that I am not one of Jehovahs witnesses.I left the organization on my own years ago only because I do not agree with organized religion.I dont believe that one needs to go to church to believe in God.

Second,there are 2 sides to every story and do not believe everything you read.Yes the woman is Victoria Boer.But I also know for a fact that not everything in the story is true.Alot of it is lies and the real reason behind this suit is 700.000 big ones.Yes I do know this for a fact and the real reason the suit was ever filed is greed and the truth will come out eventually and in the process Mrs Boer is slowly losing family members who are not even in the truth because of her deceit and I mean close family members.Yes there is some truth to the accusations but Im afraid you people and others are being mislead.I must again say I left the Jehovahs Witnesses many moons ago because of some beliefs I didnt agree with eg blood transfusions but I also will not sit idle and let them be raked over the coals due to false accusations.All Im asking is that you listen to both sides of the story and please keep in mind that everything gets exagerated in newspapers and for every letter to the editor you write in defense of Mrs Boer there will be just as many in defence of the witnesses.

For the record,,,,her father is doing very well despite the hell he has been put thru.Im just happy that her mother isnt around to see this.

I know that I will get raked over the coals and get alot of hateful responses but Im just trying to shed some light on the real facts.Its called freedom of speech.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

honestly,

I think anyone should be viewed innocent until proven guilty, even accusers. That's why we refer to accusations of abuse as alleged abuse, right? On the other hand, like in my case, there was a trial, evidence, etc. Even though there was a legitimate case, I have not met one person who posts on this board -- and ninty percent of the posters here have never commented on my case or my book. For some of them, perhaps my story is allegedly true. Or, allegedly I have a book. Or they can't go there. Or they don't care....I could go on, but you get the drift. I respect their right to chose to believe or not to believe me. But I know that everything I say say or write can and will be used against me in the court of public opinion.

The point is, if you have evidence to support your claim and don't present it, you weaken your case by accusing without backing it up. Just RASING suspicion actually makes you look worse than the person you are accusing of lying -- especially since you are annoymous in the first place.

I myself have seen enough bullshit to know not to follow in anyone's footsteps, not to believe without evidence, not to support a cause just because "everyone else does". Oh by the way, watching my abuser taught me that.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    I left the organization on my own years ago only because I do not agree with organized religion.

honestly, I don't understand why you joined an "organized" religion if you don't "agree" with organized religion ? Or did an "unorganized" religion come calling and convince you that "organized" religion was nonsense after you were a JW ?

• honestly
    honestly

I never said i joined it.I was raised in it as a child,and when I was older made the decision on my own to leave,nobody forced me to stay,nobody tried to brainwash me into staying,I was always treated well by the Witnesses and I havent been to a meeting in at least 10 yrs.I have never been shunned by my family or the witnesses for my decision and yes I was even baptized.So not all ex-jehovahs witnesses feel so much contempt for them and in some cases there is reason for it,but not always.

And yes Morrislamb I do have facts to back up what I said.All Im asking is that until you know the facts,dont assume that what the media says is true.There is problems in every religion,there is no one right religion.I do not know you so I can not pass judgment and all Im asking is that you do the same.And I appreciate you not tearing my head off,thank-you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit