Kingpawn

-WIW Lilacs,

As of Tinkerbell's post and counting 1998-2002:

1998--0.00%

1999--10%

2000--30%

2001--40%

2002--20%

Interesting--why the spike at the beginning of the millenium? OK it's not much of one but....

Counting from 1993 and doing it as a histograph:

1993 *

1996 * * *

1997 *

1999 *

2000 * * *

2001 * * * *

2002 * *

• Tish
    Tish

February 2001

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Maybe Simon could put up a poll thingy for you.

I left in april 2000, was df'd Oct 3rd 2000.

Ven

• desertflower
    desertflower

Looks like some of us choose to leave after a Memorial service. I too left then in 2000. That was the last meeting for me. Desertflower

• Solace
    Solace

This is interesting Lilacs.

You are making me think here. I was never baptized so I wasnt disfellowshipped to have a specific date in mind. I began seriously doubting a few years ago. Im not sure of the exact date when I actually considered myself "out". I think I become a little outed every day.

• songmistress
    songmistress

I decided not even to go to the Memorial when I left. I expected some reaction to it, but nobody seemed to notice. One person contacted me a couple of months later (my best friend at the time) and the elders made a call on me the following year before Memorial. (gotta get the Mem numbers up). I'd say they proved themselves for what they are. But this is a story for my bio if I ever get around to it.

Blessings

Song

• anewlife
    anewlife

This is most interesting...

May 8, 2000 DF'd, but was there for the announcement and every meeting for 6 weeks after and then finally said, "Enough is enough....I'm outta here!"

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Heaven, consider yourself lucky that you never took the plunge

df, I didn't attend the memorial the year I left, and I left that year in June. That was when I bought my first computer. I've been free ever since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit