I'm just curious.........

by WildHorses 39 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I want to get an idea of how many people have left the Org in the past five years. Which of the following years did you leave?

1998 I left

Ok, I am not really good with world wide percentages but if anyone else here is, they can do the math. I just want to get an idea is all.

Shari

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

January 2002 unoficially.August 2002 officially,although I've been wavering since 1998.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I left in 2000 (for the 2nd time).

On average, 1% of JWs are df'd every year. If we take an average of 6,000,000 dubs over the last 5 years, that means approx 300,000 have left. On average, about 40% of df'd are rei'd each year, so 120,000 came back. Net loss = 180,000 over the last 5 years. This doesn't count the number that have gone inactive.

Based on stats for the last 50 years, there are well over 1,000,000 df'd out there, somewhere.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I've been free since January 2002

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I left in 2000 it was my New Year's resolution, I had a slip and went to the Memorial in 2001 it was a good slip because it convienced me that I never want to go back, it was one of the worst days of my life! Even so it left such a bad memory about the B'org I never even thought of the memorial this year! Prior to that I had only been going to big events, like baby showers, anniversary celibrations, B-B-Ques and I never missed the 4th of July fireworks shindig, beer bash at the elders house!

Good grief Craig are you a math schooler or something........all them numbers......my head is still spinning........stop! Make it stop!

bc of the I hate math class and I'll go back when pigs fly!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

onacruse, based on that, it should take about 40 years for everyone to leave.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

June or July of 2001

• songmistress
    songmistress

The day of the Memorial of 1996 was the day I decided to leave. Da'd myself November of 1997.

Blessings

Song

• onacruse
    onacruse

Biker: Hehe....click your heels together three times and say "There's nothing like math, there's nothing like algebra, there's nothing like calculus."

Lilacs: Here's another factoid...based on straight-line analysis of the number of "anointed" in 1935 (when the door was closed lol), using standard mortality rates, there should only be about 200-300 partakers left. So why has the number held steady at about 8,000 for the last 10 years?

PS: Biker, if you need help with your math classes, you know who to call.....MathBusters Craig

• songmistress
    songmistress

So I can't read properly. I just noticed the question was who left since 1998. Well I guess that lets me out of the loop, cause I got smart before then. Ah well.

Blessings

Song

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit