A Watchtower quote about apostates I never knew about

by Saintbertholdt 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oppostate
    oppostate

In today's world Daesh (ISIL/ISIS) is a theocratic, warmongering terror-regime that aspires to worldwide expansion under a Muslim Caliphate.

In today's world the JW Organization is a theocratic, fear-mongering, cult that aspires to to worldwide religious dominance under a New World Order.

Allowed enough controlling power both of them would bring a Dark Ages new system of worldwide repression, persecution, and mass extermination of dissenters.

• stan livedeath
  • mimimimi
    mimimimi
    My mother used to point out that Israelites could stone a rebellious child and regret we cannot do that today. Of course, she considered me and my youngest sister to be rebellious and would tell my nonbelieving father that about us all the time trying to get us in as much trouble as she could.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

..in the (unlikely, but for the sake of argument) event that the WTS were ever given control of a small country, within a decade - maybe less - democracy and free speech would be nonexistent, divorce and non-marital sex would be outlawed (to say nothing of gay sex), creationism would be exclusively taught in schools, disfellowshipped people would be imprisoned or deported, and convicted "apostates" would be summarily sentenced to death without possibility of reprieve or appeal.

We already have this system, it's called IS!!

George

• cofty
    cofty

All theocracies quickly become tyrannical and oppressive.

Be in no doubt, our parents who claim to love us despite their shunning would throw the first stone.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Splash:

Good reply except it needs one more word:

"If I was in Israel I would have had a fair public trial by competent men."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit