A Watchtower quote about apostates I never knew about

by Saintbertholdt 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi there all,

I knew the Watchtower didn't like me, but I didn't know they wanted to physically kill me (if they were allowed)
    From the 15 November 1952 Watchtower magazine under Questions From Readers:

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine... (and a bit later)..Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws.

So let me get this straight: If our secular pesky laws were not an obstacle and Jesus was not in the way we'd be hunted and exterminated?

"Exterminated"? What like cockroaches or mosquito's?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    When I got disfellowshipped for apostasy one of the elders said "If you were in Israel you would be killed".
  • Splash
    Splash
    You should've replied "If I was in Israel I would have had a fair trial by competent men."
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes this is true and possible, if the WTS heads wanted to impose a death sentence to apostates.

If man's laws didn't interfere that is.

It would be assumable that the apostates in ancient Judea were stoned to death along side, rebellious children, as the bible states.

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

It's those scriptures that I like to use to show how immoral/hypocritical the Bible/Jehovah actually are. Jehovah directly commanded his people to stone to death others. It's not that they did this way back in ancient times, that's not surprising, but it goes to show that God is not truly "merciful," or "loving," he's malicious, malevolent, and vengeful.

I truly believe if the GB introduced "new light," that prompted some good ol' Old Testament justice, a lot in the organization would go along with it.

My moral bearings wouldn't ever allow me to stone someone else, regardless of who commanded me to do so, for anything they do with their own bodies. But so many "in the truth," today are really chomping at the bit to exact "God's wrath," should they get the chance.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    It's interesting to me how it is not the Christians doing the shunning of family members questioning the religious status quo in the bible, it is the pharisees etc, that shun the Christians. That, of course, is what the borg is today, and they say so in print, but neglect to clarify that it is The WTBTS who are the "rulemakers" that would put the family members to death if it weren't for the pesky laws of the land.
  • Watchtower-Free
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Look up apostate in the insight book. That's a good read.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've said this before, but it bears repeating...

...in the (unlikely, but for the sake of argument) event that the WTS were ever given control of a small country, within a decade - maybe less - democracy and free speech would be nonexistent, divorce and non-marital sex would be outlawed (to say nothing of gay sex), creationism would be exclusively taught in schools, disfellowshipped people would be imprisoned or deported, and convicted "apostates" would be summarily sentenced to death without possibility of reprieve or appeal.

Anyone who denies this is either naive or lying to themselves.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

And yet there are 'theocratic' nations today that punish apostasy with death but rather than move to these nations and experience their theocratic paradise, the WTS avoids them like the plague.

God I hate religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit