Donations, .taxes.and b&S !

by MacHislopp 13 Replies latest jw friends

• logical
    logical

The amount of times money is brought up in the service meetings, suggested donations, suggested ways to donate etc, it is SICKENING

Mark 11:15-17

Now they came to Jerusalem. There he entered into the temple and started to throw out those selling and buying in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves; and he would not let anyone carry a utensil through the temple, but he kept teaching and saying: "Is it not written, 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations'? But YOU have made it a cave of robbers."

Money in this capacity should rarely, if ever, be brought up in a meeting. After it, or outside the actual meeting, but not DURING this time for "spiritual" instruction.

The WTS have so much money to burn, so why do they need to ask for more? They get more than they need and spend it on their own comfort and luxuries.

Jehovah can see what is going on, and Jehovah will justly deal with it.

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

???????LOGICAL???????

• TR
    TR

Logical,

glad to hear you talking sense. I don't about the "Jehovah will justly deal with it" part, though.

I remember in '90, when the "donation" arrangement was put into play, ala Jimmy Swaggart case, my cong. must have made a grab for literature, for shortly thereafter, the money warnings started rolling in. Incidently, that year I went to a Canadian convention, and the "donation" arrangement hadn't been enacted there. I wondered why not. It wasn't until years later that I learned the real reason, and it wasn't the "simplification" proceedure that the WTS lied about.

TR

• larc
    larc

Hi Logical,

I've enjoyed your posts lately. Keep up the good work!

Folks,

If I go down town this spring, how much should I pay for the mags. I don't want the poor Witness of modest means to loose money, but I don't want them to make a profit either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit