Hello, I'am "Ex-Watchtowerite-Hubby's Wife

by AwakenedAndFree 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Hello,

I'am new here.

Firstly, I would like to thank Simon and his wife Anghrad for this website. I have been reading posts here for several months. This forum has indeed helped me with my exit from the Watchtower, as well it continues to be a great source of help, theraphy, encouragement and information.

My husband is a member here. He posted once to tell my story - he posts by Ex-Watchtowerite-Hubby. Thank you to all the people who replied to his post. He was never a member, but I was for 4 years.

My association with the Watchtower Society proved to be a very traumatic experience for me, and a very challenging experience for my husband as he sadly observed the mental abuse I was subjected to, the progressively psychological damage the Watchtower and some of it's members inflicted on me, and the impact on my mental health. I will explain some of the contribuiting factors that led me to my nervous breakdown (major depression) while I was a Watchtower member: abusive elders, their attempt to control my life, lack of brotherly love (love is given only to "deserving, spiritually strong ones", my publisher's card used as a determining factor of my spirituality, the Watchtower's never-ending date predictions, and the ever-changing scriptural re-interpertations e.t.c., e.t.c.

I have been inactive for over a year now and have been studying the "real truth" of the Watchtower since.

From my observation of the Watchtower's Society's history record, I concluded that this organization has since it's foundation been in a continuous, never-ending scriptural re-interpretation change "mode" to fit the organization and the times. I was flabbergasted by the Watchtower's denial of Jesus Christ as the Mediator to all men .( 1 Timothy 2:5 : "For there is one God , and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus."). The Watchtower's teachings do not reflect the teachings of God's Word, the Bible, because the Bible states very clearly that Our Heavenly Perfect Creator NEVER CHANGES:

James 1:17,18: (17) "Every good gift and every perfect present is from above for it comes down from the Father of the celestial lights and with him there is not a variation of the turning of a shadow. (18) Because he willed it, he brought us forth by the word of truth, for us to be certain firstfruits of his creatures."

Hebrews 6:18 :" in order that, through two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to the refuge may have strong encouragement to lay hold on the hope set before us."

Deuteronomy 18:21,22: (21) "And in case you should say in your heart:" How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken? (22) when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuosness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him."

2 Peter 1:20,21: (20) "know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation.(21) For prophecy was at no time brought by man's will. but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit."

I'am so happy the truth of God's Word , the Bible, set me free.

John 8:32: "and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Christian Love,

AwakenedAndFree

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Allmighty, I'm free at last!!!" - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (As if you didn't already know)

Welcome!

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((AwakenedAndFree)))))))

Hello and welcome.

• Scorpion
  • searcher
    searcher

(((((((AwakenedAndFree)))))))

Welcome to the board.

searcher.

• ugg
    ugg

welcome to the board,,,i was so sorry to hear about your breakdown...
    it takes a long time to recover......be gentle with your self...i to
    fell apart,,,and it has been a long hard road to try and recover...

this site is real nice,,,,the people understand here...it is a nice
    place to try and heal...

i have alot of fun in chat,,,you might want to try that some time...

i hope the best for you now....hugs...

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hello Awakened:

Welcome to the board. I particularly liked your sentence:

I concluded that this organization has since it's foundation been in a continuous, never-ending scriptural re-interpretation change "mode" to fit the organization and the times.

This is spot on! The Watchtower claims to follow the Bible, but in reality they try to make the Bible follow them by re-interpreting it to fit their current doctrinal wishlist.

Looking forward to your posts.

Expatbrit

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hello and welcome!

I too agree with expatbrit, it seems the organization has put itself equal to God

Naughty, Naughty

• scooter
    scooter

Hello, awakenedandfree and welcome. I'm a newbie too, but a bit less newbie than you are! I think it's FANTASTIC that you have managed to leave the WBTS behind! My wife is a JW but not me. Having done LOADS of research on the WBTS I know how deceitful and rediculous a place it is. I would give ANYTHING for my wife to leave.

I was just wondering if there are any tips you can give me to help the situation. You see, even though I've done all this research, I've only ever spoken to male ex-JWs. It would be brilliant to here things from your perspective. Especially seeing as your husband wasn't a JW.

I'll understand if you are busy or something, so I don't want you to feel obliged. An alternative means of communication is [email protected] thanks.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hello AwakenedAndFree...Welcome to the board!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit