STRATERGY FOR DISFELLOWSHIPPED ONES

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

If every ex-witness were to put a bumper sticker on their car saying so, if every ex-witness were to make a point of telling people on the job or anywhere else for that matter that they get a chance to about why they left, I think there would be an enormous reaction. I think a lot of ex-witnesses hide the fact that they were ever a part of the cult. That is my normal reaction. I have to overcome it to talk to people about it as I am ashamed of having been in this goofy bunch. I do though, and I do it for the sake of prevention. I genuinely believe that one honest ex-witness who is open defeats the efforts of many, many cult members out spreading half-truths and out right lies. Like the one Junior told the other day about abuse victims getting special counseling. Wow. A lot of witnesses must have cringed when they heard that, if they have any conscience left at all.

When I talk to people who know little of the Witnesses the first thing I tell them is about the shunning. As my daughter is shunning me it is something I can speak to with authority. Most people are sickened by the cult's policy on shunning.
    Grunt

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

Although almost only the United Pentecostals teach that Jesus is God Almighty (Jehovah) Himself, WTS says the Trinity is believing Father, Son, Spirit are one "identical" person and falsely say most all Protestant and Catholic churches teach that, even though the fact is that most all other Protestant and Catholic groups accept the trinity idea as being three totally different entities or persons forming one "Godship" (Ro 1:20), Son and Spirit sharing
    inherited age, power, knowledge from God just as an acorn may be only one day old but also have its genes inheriting its ancestral oak tree's age, capacity and information!

The UPC teach that Christ is the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

God the Father is the Father...God the Son is Jehovah God and the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

Again the UPC,(United Pentecostal Church) teach that the Father,Son,and Holy spirit are One Being.

Orthodox christianity teach that The Father,Son,and the Holy Spirit are One God in 3 beings.

• minimus
    minimus

HI HO, Your answer reflects you probably have no family that still are practicing Witnesses???

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Minimus;

Your assumption is correct as is my statement. However one must still decide who's life will be wasted, your own or the family member under cult control that will shun you.

HCM

• minimus
    minimus

HCM--"I would say,stop going to most/all of the meetings and diminish the authority the WT. has in your mind".....And that is supposed to help and comfort a person who has a JW relative that suddenly stops talking to them?.....So , if a person has found out that their relatives can't talk to them and they sadly bring out that they are crushed because the Society changes or reinforces a rule again,they should simply"decide who's life will be wasted"?

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Minimus;

if a person has found out that their relatives can't talk to them and they sadly bring out that they are crushed because the Society changes or reinforces a rule again,they should simply"decide who's life will be wasted"?

I'm not getting into feelings of sorrow or loss in my statements in the answer to you, just stating facts. Timing and waste of ones life is up to the individual to decide. Comfort to a person is not "simple" as you state, and that is not my premise here, you brought it up.

HCM

• minimus
    minimus

Your right, HO, You are not getting into feelings of sorrow or loss....I am.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Good ideas everyone. I'm thinking of getting bumperstickers for my truck that read......

1: SilentLambs.com

2: Ask me the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses

3: Honk if you love boobies

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

honk honk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit