The first 4000 years Jehovah communicates with humans,the next 2000 years is given to Jesus and he communicates with no one.

by smiddy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

The bible has ample evidence of God communicating with humans during the first 4 centuries.

Since Jesus time ,God has not communicated with humans at all .,in the same way as he did in the first 4 centuries .

In fact Jesus has not communicated with humans in the same way as Jehovah did for the first 4000 years., during his 2000 years to this date ,

Does not the Bible say , God does not change , he is the same today as he was yesterday and will be tomorrow ?

So why was God communicating with humans on a regular basis , one way or another for 4000 years and then , neither Jehovah or his son Jesus Christ ever directly contacted humans ?

We have not heard a word from Jehovah these past 2000 years

We have not heard a word from Jesus these past 2000 years .

smiddy

I will let you draw your own conclusions .

smiddy

• coalize
    coalize

Yes! God doesn't change!

He wasn't, he's not and he will not be!

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Of course God is speaking with humans today. Jim Jones, David Miscavige, Jim Bakker and the 7 amigos in upstate NY.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

The bible has ample evidence of God communicating with humans during the first 4 centuries.

Something written in the Bible, or any other single reference work cannot be called evidence. I'm sure you were just being a little "sarky"!!??

By the way, a thousand years is a millenium, a century is one hundred years.

George

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

my jw mom would explain it this way:

because we now have the bible so we don't need any personal contact with them,,,,,

• Perry
    Perry
    We have not heard a word from Jesus these past 2000 years .

Biblical, historical 1st century type Christians are born again with a new spirit. This new spirit is sinless and so provides a foothold for the eventual redemption of the whole tripartite man: Spirit, Soul & Body. God interacts directly with the new spirit in a born again believer. Much more efficient than talking into a persons' ears.

Jesus said that when the Holy Spirit comes, that he would instruct born again believers into all the ways of truth.

The cross was God's final word on mans' attempt at being good. Not a lot to talk about after that.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    coalize3 hours agoYes! God doesn't change!
    He wasn't, he's not and he will not be!

This made me spit my coffee onto my keyboard. Made my day.

I wish I'd have said that.......don't worry...I will.

Before we go all gooey over the words in the Bible, we need to investigate if the Bible is genuinely a book from the invisible magician in the sky (possibly Alcyone). I don't believe it is. It's as worthless as that pigswill called the Quran.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Sometimes it is more healsome to go in the wood and listen to the wind between the high trees,

the silence is sometimes more healsome than many words,

Silence is divine too.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

We looked for God and wanted to pray but we found a fair

We looked for sheperds and found officers of a company.

We looked for Gods word .. and found vanity and haughtiness

We looked for a personal relationship with God and found a business administration, investment model,

publishing house

We wanted to learn to pray but found endless monoton talks.

We looked for understanding and found circle arguments.

We wanted to serve but we were misused in a ritual.

We hoped for gods spirit but it was temporal truth,

We looked for silent place but found rush.

We looked for unconditional love but found the real horror.

• davidmitchell
    davidmitchell

Jesus said that when the Holy Spirit comes, that he would instruct born again believers into all the ways of truth.

The problem with this is that all these born-again Christians, supposedly guided directly by the Spirit, cannot agree amongst themselves, thus resulting in many many hundreds of different denominations and sects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit