MY SON HAD APPENDICITIS.........

by SUSCARRA 13 Replies latest jw friends

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Tuesday was a rough, tough day for my son, Bryce,(19 yrs old). Not to mention us parents. He was in bad shape folks. They were concerned at one point that it could be something else. The appendix was bad. I was going to sleep in his room with him. My Hubby thought I was being over protective. You know, the JW thing, don't leave them alone they might give him blood. But, it's just a Mom thing. About 1:30 a.m. the nurse came in and people started scrambling. I woke up in a panic.His blood pressure was over 200. They got it down to 199/98. They were getting ready to call in his surgeon,(another doctor was there) then it started to drop,but still high. I never went back to sleep, I sat there all night long with my eyes glued to the BP machine and him. I was so scared and didn't know what to do.Meds and pain will make a persons BP rise, but not like this and especially for his age.Did I mention I was scared sh*#less! It was still high around10:30 a.m. His surgeon was wonderful and was extremely concerned. She had an echo-cardiagram done on his heart, had an ultra sound done on his kidneys and kept checking on him. He couldn't urinate until today. He wanted to come home because he was starving, he wanted real food.

He's home now and doing really well. He can't work for 6 weeks. He's not suppose to lift anything over 10 lbs. My hubby was in a car accident over a year ago and we lost everthing and he's been working in our business trying to keep us going. He's so upset because he can't work and help his Dad. He's been a real champ through all this. I go to work with Ben tomorrow to keep things going. Yikes.

Yes, just having his appendix out was scarry enough for me, but when his BP went sky high I realized he might die right there in front of me. I felt so helpless and useless. Did I pray, oh you bet I did? Did I pray to Jehovah? NO! I prayed to God, the Grand Creator, God Almighty and His Son, Jesus. I never once thought to use the name Jehovah, not once. I didn't realize this until he got home. I felt good about this too.

I sat there, looking at his handsome face all night and tried to remember every moment of his life and simultaniously was praying for the chance to have future memories of him.

Later that day I felt so much anger, because I remembered the countless times I stayed at the hospital or visited with the JWs, when their own JW families wouldn't give the time of day. There were only a few people around for me to call to let them know of Bryce's near death situation. All of my 'worldly family lives on the east coast. I was on the phone crying to them, continuously. They kept me going. I was truly hurt and so angry that I chose to be a JW. I thought I was over it, but NO. One of our good friends(80 years old, DFD) came by, called and has volunteered to stay with him. Alamb, just had her baby and I didn't want her dragging her two little kids out and about. She's been through so much and desperately needs her rest. She's pearl. Yes, years of giving true love to so many people and when you need it the most........they could care less.

Well, we survived another turmulous situation, my only regret is that we didn't get out sooner. I know my son felt hurt, even though he didn't say anything.

We got about 6 hours of sleep since Tuesday. Tonight we will ALL be together snoozing soundly.

Happy to have him with us.

SUSCARRA

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm sorry for your troubles, but I can emphathize with experience with JW cold callousness. They're really a pieceof work, arent' they. Thank God your son is okay and home. At least there is some positivity to take out of a negative experience.

• Been there
    Been there

I am so glad all is turning out well.

I hope your son has a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and get some much needed rest.

((((((((((((Scarra)))))))))))))

• ugg
    ugg

oh how awful.....i am sending you and your family cyber hugs.....hang in there....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Oh man...all mothers know that fear! There is nothing scarier than when your child is sick. You feel every degree, every pain, every breath with them! My little guy had the flu last year and he was so dehydrated and his little eyes were sunken and dark, and his lips so pale. I felt like the very life was being sucked out of me the whole time.

Dont beat yourself up about the past honey, you are OUT NOW and from here on is all that counts.

hugs to you both

• Mulan
    Mulan

How terrible!! We went through the appendicitis thing with our eldest son when he was 19. As far as we know, he is the first ever in our family, to have to have it taken out. It was a Sunday night, after a weekend Circuit Assembly, and he kept saying his side ached, complaining all evening. It didn't register with me that it might be something serious. In the middle of the night, he woke us up, saying the pain was unbearable. My husband took him to the hospital (we had a 3 year old too) and came home alone. They operated a few hours later (he had had a big meal the night before) and he was in the hospital about 3 days................no complications, but I can imagine how I would have felt.

So glad it is going better now.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OHHHHH Man poor guy!!!! I can't imagine how scared you were, and he's a healthy kid too. WOW I'm so glad he's better and I really hope everything works out for you guys.

All our luv,

Ven & Fam

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

HUGS for all of you. I would also have myself or my hubby at a hospital if it was our children, nurses are great but they can't be there like you can to help out with even the littlest things. take care and get your ZZZZZZZZZZZ's

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

((((((((((((((((SUSCARRA , Bryce and Family))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope all is well.

Free

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hey, I am so pleased your son pulled through OK

I hope that he soon recovers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit