cicadas

by teejay 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TJ,

Just to say, what a delightful piece of writing, thank you - HS

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

Good post, teejay! Hopefully, like the bug you refer to, your friends still in the Org can shed their their skin (their JW beliefs) and fly around anew.

Make this sound REALLY fast: Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch! That's a cicada!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Nice sentiments, TJ.

I know the sound of cicadas too.

I've also heard them called "Jar Flies."

A long time ago, my mom had a cat that would catch and eat them.

Me? No thanks. I'm not a picky eater, but insects, brains and bolutes are not on my menu.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Tj,

Feeling nostalgic can be a real heart bender! Hell man I hear a song from 'back when', I can literally break down and cry if in the right mood.

The back porch senario really brought back memories of hot nights in Georgia in the 60's.

I will add one more bug to the list; Fireflies...amazing little sparks of life!

Nice writing my friend.

Danny

• Xena
    Xena

uuummm warm air wafting over your skin....rocking back and forth on the back porch swing...night sounds muted in the backround..my mom's iced tea....long chatty talks...

you have the soul of a poet teejay...thank you for bringing back some of my best memories!

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Heard tell in Texas that they tie string around their necks and fly them around like airplanes. Good Grief!

Trot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit