QUESTION of Rave music

by FiveShadows 15 Replies latest jw friends

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

Ok...i went to the edge about my music selection...and i'm trying to change it not because an elder or brother is telling me..but because i'm trying to get away from the "aggressive" "anger" sounding music such as rock...metal and all that junk...this is a PERSONAL decision and i am not a jw anymore from those that can remember...BUT my question to all the freaks geeks and streakers out there...I'm starting to get into Alice DeeJay music...trance...does anyone else know of any good trance artists? the "metallica" of trance music besides Alice Deejay. Help? i need music! ~FS

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

It really depends on where you live. There is definatly a better selection of this near L.A., S.F., & N.Y.. And an even better selection if your in the U.K., Europe

• professor
    professor

Go to the nearest record store that sells vinyl records and spraypaint. Buy a few DJ mix tapes.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Timo Maas?

He does good stuff. Although his recent album is more of an eclectic mix up than trance, bit like Paul Oakenfold's debut. His mix cds are very good though. Try Music for the Maases.

Also:

DJ Tiesto, Guy Ornadale and loads more that i can't think of right now.

Ignored One.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    the "metallica" of trance music besides Alice Deejay.

The Metallica of trance? SO by that you mean the crappy, full of itself, so over by '92 hair band of trance?

• professor
    professor

Check out Richie Hawtin & John Aquaviva, Robert Armani, Hardkiss, Aphex Twin, DJ Hyperactive, Juan Atkins, DJ T-1000, Derrick May

• professor
    professor

and...

Atari Teenage Riot, Lenny Dee, Delta 9, Deadly Budha, Jimmy Crash, Adam X, Mark Verbos, Damon Wild, ESP Woody McBride, Panacea

• SYN
    SYN

Just like the Alternative scene, "Rave" (or House) music has a very large number of sub-genres. Drum & bass, hard house, trance, progressive, psychidelic, Goa, you name it. Go to a music shop and ask someone who's knowledgeable about these things to play you a sampling of each sub-genre. Trance is really nice for that "non-aggressive" style, and so is progressive. Goa and Psychidelic are a bit rough for first-time House music listeners, but some people really like it!

• professor
    professor

ALL JUNGLIST MASSIVE! BIG UP THE DRUM & BASS!

• SYN
    SYN

Professor, I LURVE Kruder & Dorfmeister!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit