can't understand why people can't see .

by Curyus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Curyus
    Curyus

I don't understand why people can't see the truth when it's right there in the bible in black & white. You can't change it to fit your personal lifestyle or modify it by only applying what intrest or benefits you. The WT organization has its place just like all the other secular laws have theres to protect & guide us. Also, none of these would be able to exist if they were not allowed by God to do so. God has entrusted this privilage to imperfect human beings which for their state of imperfection I think they are doing a pretty good job. Sure not every elder,ministerial servent or friend that attends the hall on a regular basis belongs there but you never know, they may be serving a purpose that you just can't see & it's not up to us to judge. Our only job is to do our best & to do our part in what God has asked of us in his word the bible. Also, these people who sometimes pose as freinds are only wolves in sheeplike clothes, the bible does warn us about this & if you do believe in Jehovah, then you can have faith that when all is said & done it will get taken care of in the wash. That's not to say that no sacrifice will be made afterall. Remember God has made the ultimate sacrifice.

Curyus.

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Please enlighten me as to the sacrifice God has made.

Also, how bad do things have to get in the organization before you people quit believing the party line of "waiting on Jehovah." If your child were molested by a brother you trusted and the elders refused to do anything because there were not two witnesses, would you just be content to "wait on Jehovah?"

Would you swallow ANYTHING the WT told you to do, hook, line, and sinker, simply because they told you to do it, even if it defied all common sense? If so, I feel VERY sorry for you.

• LB
    LB

it's right there in the bible in black & white. You can't change it to fit your personal lifestyle or modify it by only applying what intrest or benefits you
    Of course you've just described the society haven't you? They've changed it back and forth over and over again. Look for example on how women who are being raped need to conduct themselves. One day it's "you have to scream" and the next day it's "you don't have to scream".

Oh and if it's so black and white, why all the changes? How are you going to feel when they decide to allow transfusions? Ever ask yourself why the new worship book doesn't have the blood chapter in it this time?

Ask yourself

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Poor pathetic naive child, Curyus.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 29 August 2002 19:52:23

• Celia
    Celia

At first glance, I thought the poster was Cygnus. So I opened it.... Right, another JW apologist...

I don't understand why people can't see the truth when it's right there in the bible in black & white. You can't change it to fit your personal lifestyle or modify it by only applying what intrest or benefits you.

Only the WTBTSociety has the right to change the Scriptures to make them fit their ever-changing doctrines...

The WT organization has its place just like all the other secular laws have theres to protect & guide us. Also, none of these would be able to exist if they were not allowed by God to do so. God has entrusted this privilage to imperfect human beings which for their state of imperfection I think they are doing a pretty good job.

So, you're saying that the Mormons, the Catholics, the Buddhists, the Muslims... all have their place, because they would not exist if God had not allowed it ?

then you can have faith that when all is said & done it will get taken care of in the wash. That's not to say that no sacrifice will be made afterall. Remember God has made the ultimate sacrifice.

Right ! Just let elders, MS and JW men "in good standing" rape their daughters and sons and the daughters and sons of their brothers and sisters in the congregation.... God will take care of them in the end..... JERK !

Edited by - Celia on 29 August 2002 19:54:1

Edited by - Celia on 29 August 2002 19:55:35

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi, Curyus (cute name)

The problem is that the watchtower doesn't just try to guide. It controls...every aspect of your life.

They demand your total submission, and total loyalty. Their track record is horrible.

They are false prophets. Their changing teachings have cost the lives of many many people, and the society takes no responsibility for it. Their policies about child molestation have allowed thousands of children to be victims of unspeakable crimes. Again, they take no responsiblility. Their changing teachings have moved many to sell all they had and pioneer because the end was so close. Again, they take no responsibility. They were part of the UN, while at the same time condemning it. They have caused countless families to be destroyed, That's just the tip of the iceburg.

They are excused by jws because "they are imperfect men". Ok, then if that's all they are, then why should anyone follow them? The Bible, by the way says to "obey God as ruler rather than men". God allowing the organization to exist doesn't prove anything. He allows all religions to exist. Does that mean they are all right?

. The organization is not God. It's claims to be the only channel used by Him is a rediculous claim if you know anything at all about their history.

cb

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Leave it in Jehovah's hands" = Watch it slip through His big fat fumbing fingers

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 29 August 2002 19:54:47

• Mum
    Mum

We CAN see -- right past the pathetic bullies and mind controllers who hold a carrot in front of our eyes which we will never get. If you stick around a while, maybe you will widen your perspective and vision as well.

If you need the security blanked of an organization to tell you what is appropriate for you, then that's what you need. I wish you well. If you wish, however, you can learn to evaluate things for yourself and draw your own conclusions. There is no one-size-fits-all answer for everybody. I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than to have answers that cannot be questioned.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

it's not up to us to judge

No? Well then, let's just trash the whole judical system. After all, it's a system of judgement.

Sorry, babe, I'm a judgin'.

And when JWs judge themselves with the same condemning microscope to which they judge everyone else, then let's talk.

bye bye

Andee

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Hi Curyus,

Take a deep breath....now another...that's good isn't it?

Now it's not so scary to be here. Ask all the questions you want, but be prepared for the answers, and remember the breathing technique.

Lamaze always worked for me, but I'm a female.

Welcome

<evil giggle>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit