Ran into some JW's.......but this time I did the teaching ;) x

by snare&racket 28 Replies latest jw friends

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Brilliant! Can I bump into you on the ministry sometime while working with my wife please?
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr

Hey sweetie, you did great! Hope your leg heals well. Congrats on graduating too.

X

• Half banana
    Half banana

A stonking piece of unwitnessing Snare! I had a couple round telling me they had been JWs for sixty years as if that meant something positive. Perhaps it is the only reward a witness can claim; pride in being one for such a long time, ‘cos there is no other tangible benefit apart from doing it with others of like mind.

• freddo
    freddo
    Nice job. Keep doing this. If she doesn't wake up she will be more depressed and that while not nice for her it will have a dampening effect on those witnesses around her.
  • OzGirl
    OzGirl
    Nice work.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    You really are an inspiration S&R. While I'm not an Atheist, I really feel for you and your journey. I had a similar experience about 7 years ago where a JW mother that I knew (who was shunning her grown DF'd daughter for marrying outside the JW's) came to my door unknowingly to preach. It was all pleasant, but she got a good earful. By the end of it, her group was way down the street and was looking absolutely defeated. She had ZERO answers to my questions as to why she was even standing there, since we all were supposed to have been in the New Order years ago, why I had a job, wife, mortgage, & son of my own. Why does she look old? Why is she an uneducated cafeteria lady at the local school, and not retired by now or petty pandas next to a lake? No answers....just the sad face. Her married daughter wants nothing to do with her, and I can't blame her. Lives in the next county over.....very happy, and glad to be away from the JW's and family that kicked her to the curb when she was about 19 for falling in love. She's been married to that fellow for 18 years now. How's that shunning working out for the JW parents I wonder?
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail
    snare-Very well done! She is definitely going to be thinking about what you said to her and how her position is untenable. I'm glad you were respectful, it was that much more powerful. Your use of scripture was excellent. I wish I was as good as you are at getting a point across...
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

YAY SNARE!!! your courage is outrageous and bodacious - thank you so much for writing the experience, and for standing down the bullying and condescending life-wasters.

Marina

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    By the time you reached the end of the conversation, I was actually feeling a bit sorry for the old lady (not that I disagreed with what you did).
  • under the radar
    under the radar
    Well done, Dr. Snare. I hope your leg heals very quickly so you can get back to your regular routine. My hat's off to you, sir!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit