Are There More Than One?

by Sentinel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

When I first joined this site, I didn't know a soul. Not surprisingly, considering that there are very few Australians online compared to the USA.

Last year, Older Tom organised the first jw.com Australian Apostafest and there I met Ozziepost and Mrs Ozzie, who, as it turned out, had many things in common with me in our previous JW lives. We're not related, but I have kinda adopted them as my ex-jw mum and dad!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

oOh that's so nice! Thanks Pris. We had a lovely time with Dark Knight last night and kinda feel we're back in our family type of "at homes" that we're used to back in the borg!

Curiously, we knew no-one aboard (as posters) here, before I started posting. I have a strange story to tell about how many posters we knew from our previous lives and are now on the board. But I'd better not, because of respecting all of our confidentialities. I have been surprised (to say the least) to realise just how many from the SAME CONGREGATION are on the board. All unbeknown to each other. Amazing! I wonder what the record is but it's not something we should try and get into.

I do wonder, though, how many from our old congregation, or even our old circuit, are here posting on the board, let alone those who are simply lurking.

The "waters of Babylon" are indeed drying up!!

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 30 August 2002 9:55:15

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Prisca and Ozzie,

I think it's great that you've made this special connection. In so many ways, we can fill the empty voids in our lives. We can find moms and dads, sisters and brothers, cousins, children, grandparents. We have so much in common. We know what it means to be hurt and rejected and we know how to truly care and love and nurture each other. Some of us have lost so much, and this forum has been like a new extended family that doesn't reject, doesn't shun, doesn't abandon.

• Matty
    Matty

As far as I know there are only two posters here that I already knew before coming on this forum, and that is Tish and Da Luvvin Bruvva. It didn't actually click to me immediately who they actually were, as I'd lost touch with them some years earlier and I so didn't actually know they had left the Witnesses.

So, it took a while for the penny to drop, but I'm now over the moon to be in contact with them again. And who knows, there could be more posters out there that already know me! The problem I have of course is that I can't give out much information about myself because I'm still "in the troof", but lets just say my family are quite well known.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit