what an interesting find for me

by sowhatnow 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    it would have been a loving act for humanity as a whole - Jonza

So in your view it is an act of perfect love to murder thousands of innocent babies if the end justifies the means. This sort of christianity is not better than ISIS.

Remember the attack was unprovoked revenge for something that their ancestors did 400 years earlier.

Imagine an army invaded your home town and murdered every man, woman and baby in revenge for something your predecessors did in 1615.

You worship a moral monster. This tyrant was also "the god and father of your lord Jesus christ".

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think some christian theists have figured out how a discussion forum works.

It involves presenting evidence, reason and rational arguments. You have to actually read what others write and respond to specific points.

Clicking the "Dislike" button is not a substitute for evidence. You are confusing popularity with veracity.

• jonza
    jonza

The 400 year gap is irrelevant, at that time they were still a real threat to Israel and long term enemies. They were not innocent people. Yes, the infants at the time were innocent, but an all knowing God would know that they would grow up to also be enemies. When you're talking about the salvation of all mankind, present, past and future it puts it into context.

• cofty
    cofty
    The 400 year gap is irrelevant - jonza

Not according to your god.

Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

Yes, the infants at the time were innocent, but an all knowing God would know that they would grow up to also be enemies. - jonza

Isn't this also why the Third Reich threw live babies into the ovens?

According to you it is loving to murder babies in case they grow up and become a threat. What sort of bizarre world do you inhabit when murdering babies can be a good and moral action?

Not only is your god - the god and father of Jesus - a baby murderer he is also incompetent. Israel never did annihilate all the nations of Canaan as god told them to. They did not have the stomach for total genocide.

They did intermarry and the bloodline was contaminated by non Abrahamic genes.

They even celebrated the example of Ruth the Moabitess who was an ancestor of Jesus.

Your pathetic excuses for baby-murdering are even contradicted by your own bible.

• cofty
    cofty

Do you see what I did there?

I presented factual evidence that proves your excuse for baby-murdering doesn't work based on an authority that you accept.

Now it's over to you to respond specifically with counter-evidence. Clicking "Dislike" and reposting a variation of "the end justifies the means" won't do.

• jonza
    jonza

If they weren't still enemies things would have probably been different. If they were repentant they would have been forgiven, but they weren't. They were still enemies. So it remains, if a few had to perish so that all man kind could have salvation then that would be just.

I see your points though, if you don't believe in God or that he is all knowing. If he didn't know those babies would grow up to be enemies and still present a threat to salvation then that god would be an evil tyrant. However, if he is all knowing, and just and had to do something to ensure we had salvation and that was the only option then it would be just.

• watson
    watson
    Can't say I agree with that type of justice.
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    eyeuse2badub2 days agoOne of my all time favorite bed time stories is how the Levites "lovingly" slaughtered about 150,000 animals during the inauguration of Solomon's temple. jehober, the loving god of the bible, must have been especially pleased. Wonder what they did with all the thousands of gallons of blood?

The blood should have been spilled on the ground. But the area was paved, and likely it would be uneven, so we can imagine puddles of blood through which you had to walk.

One of my Lecturer's painted a graphic word picture of the temple on a festival day. The anguished calls of the animals, the piles of guts and shit and the stink of it all, the piles of skins also stinking. and the smell of burnt meat, as some parts over-cooked. And all that described as a 'sweet odour' ascending to Jehovah.

A lot of bull-shit piled up in those biblical texts.

• azor
    azor
    Janza I just have one question for you. Are you a pre-suppositionalist?
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    jonza: I see your points though, if you don't believe in God or that he is all knowing. If he didn't know those babies would grow up to be enemies and still present a threat to salvation then that god would be an evil tyrant. However, if he is all knowing, and just and had to do something to ensure we had salvation and that was the only option then it would be just.

What I see is, that because YOU want to believe, you'll grasp at any straw that enables you to hang on to your imagined beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit