what an interesting find for me

by sowhatnow 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

im sure to use this the next time I accidentally get sucked into an argument with someone.

im not ever understanding the idea behind any christian religion picking and choosing what they want to believe and follow, then have the nerve to claim they are right, when clearly this is obviously done.

here is a site that shows not only how bloodthirsty and evil the god of the Hebrew bible was, but how more ridiculous it is for jws to follow one twisted 'commandment' about eating blood, not only reading it wrong, but then not to do all the other commandments, willingly , do they think they are ancient Israelites ? lol

https://www.scribd.com/doc/95804194/A-Most-Evil-and-Stupid-Book-The-Bible-s-Moral-Depravity-Contradictions-and-Absurdities#download

this sites article made it so easy for me.

after reading this, one can never again question whether the bible was a book by man or god, lol.

surely not a god i want to believe in

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

One of my all time favorite bed time stories is how the Levites "lovingly" slaughtered about 150,000 animals during the inauguration of Solomon's temple. jehober, the loving god of the bible, must have been especially pleased. Wonder what they did with all the thousands of gallons of blood?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB want to be under the Mosaic Law so much they can taste it. They dream of organizing and assigning living space to future dubs, just as the camp of Israel was organized!

They are materialistic, pseudo-spiritual, neo-zionist Xian communists at heart.

DD

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ sowhatnow

We need to understand that even though God does not change, over time he changed His requests for people. The rituals of the mozaic law were a simbol and pointed to Jesus and the way God was about to deal with christians. Here is more info on this:

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/how-does-a-dispensational-administrational-view-of-scripture-help-to-resolve-apparent-bible-contradictions-2

@ Data Dog

You are right, this is their biggest misunderstanding. They try to mix mozaic law with christianity, but Jesus said he was the end of the law. After His death God revealed a new way of dealing with people, and He also reveald the Sacred Secret to Paul. This is something jw's do not get. They created a hybrid of from mozaic law and christianity. But this is not what God wants in the way He deals with us today, after the sacrifice of His Son.

• cofty
    cofty

paradise - The OT advocates slavery, genocide, kidnap, forced marriage/rape, misogyny, homophobia and infanticide.

I don't just mean that Yahweh turned a blind eye to it, or was patient with the Israelites regarding these things. I mean Yahweh actually commanded these atrocities. The ethics of the OT are no better than ISIS.

Yahweh was "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ". He worshipped and adored this moral monster.

Disowning OT god is not an option for an intellectually honest believer.

• cofty
    cofty

Paradise - Please have a read at 1Sam.15 for just one example of what I am talking about.

Would you be obedient to the god and father of your lord Jesus christ and murder all of the infants in an unprovoked attack in cold blood?

Saul was rejected for showing mercy and not committing genocide with sufficient thoroughness. Remember these men, women and children were to be murdered for something their ancestors did 400 years previously.

Would you have obeyed Jesus' god?

Here is a description of the narrative from a previous thread called "Soldiers of Jah"...

The nation has been settled in the Promised Land for about 400 years. Your parents have often told you the old stories about the exploits of your ancestors who fought under Moses and Joshua and conquered the land. Israel has its first king now and you are proud to be a soldier in Saul’s army just like your forebears. Mostly your battles are defending the borders of Israel from hostile neighbours but then one day right out the blue you receive a strange instruction. You are ordered to muster at a town called Telaim, when you arrive you see that there are 200,000 foot soldiers as well as another 10,000 from the tribe of Judah. Something big must be happening.

Samuel addresses the troops and tells them he has had a word from Yahweh. Four centuries ago when your forefathers were leaving captivity in Egypt the Amalekites had attacked them in the desert at Rephidim. Joshua defeated them but not without a number of Israelite casualties. Now all these centuries and many generations later, Samuel says that God wants revenge on the descendants of those Amalekites.

Then comes the order you were dreading, “Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys”.

So what do you hope you would have the courage to do?

Faithfully carry out God’s command through Samuel, or refuse to follow orders?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

sowhatnow:

"im sure to use this the next time I accidentally get sucked into an argument with someone.

"this sites article made it so easy for me.

"after reading this, one can never again question whether the bible was a book by man or god, lol."

Thanks for the compliment. I wrote that list of Bible abominations and contradictions you're referring to. In spite of its briefness it took me a few years to put it together.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

No, Saul did not show mercy. The following verse gives us a glimpse of the what Saul was after

But Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, the oxen, the fatlings, the lambs, and all that was good, and were unwilling to utterly destroy them. But everything despised and worthless, that they utterly destroyed.

God judges after what is in the heart. You can see above what was in Soul's heart.

I read at some point a very beautiful verse about resurection. I do not remember where in the Bible it was, but I will look for it. It said something like "I will restore all to whom I was unjust".

In this world where there is a woar between God and Satan and his angels, there are colateral damages. But I am sure God will be just to each person individualy. He has the ability of resurecting and giving another chance. For him death is not permament but a temporary break. We as human, see only what we have now, this life, and see death as an end. For Him it is not!

• cofty
    cofty

So in your view it is morally good that thousands of men, women and infants were murdered in cold blood for something their ancestors did 400 years previously.

In the modern world we call this genocide. Those who commit such acts are not hailed as heros of faith but as depraved murderers.

For him death is not permament but a temporary break

This is an attempt to cheapen the value of human life. This is the depraved reasoning that has been used by religious extremists throughout history to justify all sorts of mass murders.

It is the same type of delusion that leads Islamic extremists to acts of terrorism.

This god who commanded the mass murder of babies was the "god and father of Jesus christ".

How do you reconcile that with the other things Jesus said about love?

Edited to add ...

colateral damages

Jesus' god assembled the Israelite army and sent them off to launch an unprovoked attack on a neighbouring nation. He gave them specific instructions to kill all the infants. The justification he gave for the genocide was something their ancestors did 400 years previously.

How exactly can all the slaughtered babies be called "collateral damage"?

• cofty
    cofty
    "I will restore all to whom I was unjust"

Good luck finding that imaginary verse.

Are you admitting "the god of Jesus christ" is unjust?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit