Nicest thing a JW has ever done?

by aintenoughwiskey 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    When I was a kid, the local cong elders after prayerful consideration offered the position of elder to a man who would be termed these days as 'learning disabled'. I remember the adults discussing it, the cong evidently felt that as a long term witness of good character there was nothing to prevent his becoming an elder, that to pass him over, as the most spiritually mature man in the cong would be wrong, bad form and (though they did not use the word )'prejudiced'. It was around 1981/2 and I remember being mightily impressed. As if the last bastion of the old order had been torn down- after all, would the C of E employ someone with downs syndrome as a bishop I reasoned. I know I will get lots of cracks along the lines that anyone with a low IQ is perfect JW material...but I am sure you get my drift about a rebellious young lefty being impressed by such egalitarianism....I hadnt yet got to the bit in JW culture that a 12 yr old child ("pre teen") is considered fit to lord it over a 50 yr old grandmother by virtue of his genitalia.
  • flipper
    flipper

" Nicest thing a JW has ever done " ?

Become a non-JW. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I am loving that story 3rdgen!!!💕💕

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit