IF I WAS AN ELDER, I WOULD..............

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

IF I WAS AN ELDER, I WOULD..............

Kick your ass out. That's a joke by the way.

HCM

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I would go on all kinds of witch hunts. Just like they do

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, when I was an elder I tried to keep a balance on the elder body. We always had certain hardliners that would try to "readjust" everybody. Or they would go after somebody because they went to a July 4th occasion. One of the reasons I stayed on was because I knew what was going to happen once i left. And I'm not wrong.

• little witch
    little witch

GULP!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome Little Witch! Pun intended

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

THIS IS A LOADED REMARK as far as I am concerned let me get back with all you caring and concerned folks with strong stomaches...((((((hugs))))) LINDA LOU

• Mary
    Mary

I would get rid of the Book Study, the Service Meeting, Service itself, 1914, 1918, 1919, disfellowshipping, the WT and Awake!, the Governing Body members, JR Brown and all pedophiles. The pedophiles I'd get rid of by bringing back public stoning out back of the Hall :-)

I'd develop charity work, voting, encourage higher education, independent thinking and Kingdom Halls with windows in them that OPEN!! I'd have only one meeting a week: one public talk on Sunday for one hour like the rest of religions do.

Everyone would be able to have the wine and bread at the Memorial Service and I'd allow birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas..........

Other than that, I wouldn't change anything!!!

Edited by - Mary on 29 August 2002 11:13:55

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Regardless of what lofty illusions I might entertain, the evidence is persuasive that if I [or anybody else, for that matter] were an elder, I would likely do what the overwhelming majority of elders do: whatever it takes to remain one.

And, of course, delude myself that my motives are much nobler and entirely selfless.

AMNESIAN

• leokio
    leokio

I'd replace the sunday Watchtower Study with a page by page review of Crisis of Conscience for as many sundays as it took to make sure everyone understood exactly what it was about.

Leo

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well said Amnesian.

And, of course, delude myself that my motives are much nobler and entirely selfless.

And you [and anybody else, for that matter] would most likely be wildly successful in that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit