We Lost Our Preaching MOJO, how do we get it back? 

by skepticSam 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

Does anyone have any theories why our territory that's be reduced six or seven times over the last twenty years is not covered anymore? We use to cover our area in less than Six Months and now nobody really keeps track of how the preaching work by territory is going. Is the advent of the mobile-literature machine why we don't see a zealous preaching spirit? Why are Witnesses not zealous anymore, are they burned out, have they lost sight of the prize?

Instead of working the territories to death, "we worked them to life" so why does it take over three years to complete our territory when we have three times the JWs living here? The sluggish slave won't make Jehovah's faithful slave happy, what are we going to do to get people motivated to preach more?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

skepticSam,

"We Lost Our Preaching MOJO, how do we get it back?"

"...what are we going to do to get people motivated to preach more?"

Why should we want them to improve their performance?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Maybe JWs should start practicing what they preach. If they claim to be Christians, then why don't they start really helping the less fortunate, the ill, the infirm, the elderly?

Maybe if they actually DID something to affect a positive change in someone's life, they'd feel better.

• millie210
    millie210

Dont worry.

If need be, the rocks will cry out.

It says so in the Bible.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

millie210: "If need be, the rocks will cry out."

Maybe they should put some of those rocks in their literature carts.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I don't see how they have any mojo at all. I started losing mine after the 1995 "generation" change. What do JWs even tell people now? I used to boldly tell people the sky was falling because I really believed it, but time has run out on that. JWs have cried wolf way too long. I think their mojo is going to continue to decrease as time passes.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    It's hard to go out and place their worthless garbage these days of the information age Google is their worst enemy when all a householder has to do is google Jehovah's Witnesses and he can get all the down-low on this clandestine weirdo corporation who pawns itself off as Jehovah's earthly organization.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have had visits from the Mormon missionaries 3 times since I moved here and see them in my neighborhood also, regularly. They usuAlly don't have any more than 2 per large congregation(ward) or ward building (3 ward's, usually). In my neighborhood there are 2 close by kingdom halls with 3-4 congregations each. That I know of. Three are foreign language. 2 Spanish and one Cambodian.

Not one JW has come. I work from home. 3.5 months. Twice after nicely and firmly saying no to the lads missionary endeavours,they still offered to help around the house-visible amateur renovations are in progress. No thank s, but they would have actually helped.

JWs won't even come to door. When I lived in Houston, they wouldn't speak to me-not Spanish or just handing out invites and not even very courteous lying at that. The Spanish ones spoke english(there were 3 and one was clearly Anglo). No preaching even attempted.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I moved 6 moths ago and have been visited 4 times by people from churches. None were JWs. This is in a southern town.

Hell... If I knew it was to become that EZ to be an active Jobi Dobi in the "Last Days" ...I may have hung around....

NNAAAAAHHHH... Then I could not have rejoiced in all of the Supreme Court decisions this week.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Their pet creation of their website has come back to bite them. I bet most JWs are thinking that they can just rely on the website to get the truth out to people. It no longer becomes imperative for them to physically go out and find people because everyone is so wired in to the internet these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit