ghosts

by freedom96 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Here's a picture for you that I took with my new digital camera. I posted it on my website. If anybody can suggest what this might be, I would appreciate hearing your point of view.

http://www.moonkisstravels.com/Alabama_Pages/Ghost_Bustin_Bama.html

It may take a minute to download. Thank you for your patience.

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 28 August 2002 12:45:33

• 144thousand_and_one
  • LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I looked at the pic ,Robdar and I have no clue myself.

I don't know what I beleive , but I have spoken to other ex jw's who are like me , even wanting to seek out the afterlife, or something.

I feel if I can prove there are spirits of some form, some kind, demon or not, then maybe I can convince myself there is a God too.

I guess since leaving JW I have lost my trust in eveything I thought to be true. There is a void. I am not afraid to seek it out anymore, if there is something out there, I feel I have the freedom to decide if it is truly evil or not. God, I sound like Eve huh??? Will this be my down fall, not listening to what the bible tells me to do? Right now I don't care , I don't believe in the Bible right now either. A good dose of seeing and really feeling a spirit would make me a beleiver again.

I had an experience once that I still can't explain. My hubby remembers it to and was witness to this. We were dating, and sitting in the dark talking, my mom was in rehab and out of the house . My dad was at work, my little sister was washing her hair.

In the place we were sitting was like a game room, with big windows that you could see out of very good , and there you could see anyone drivng up to our property, you could hear them go over our cattle guard too.

Well, we were talking , and we both heard the back door unlock and open, we both jumped up because it startled us. I heard my dad , say, " Dede, where is everyone at?" By the time I got the few feet to where the back door was, there was nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,, the door was still locked. He was not there. I swear I heard the door open and him speaking, I went out side to look,,,,,,,,,,, nothing, I went to check on my sister, she was bent over washing hair, and didnt even hear me because of the water running.

Funny thing is Denny, heard the door open, I heard the door and the voice, he didnt hear the voice. But it was my dad's voice. There is no way I will ever beleive I was mistaken, or my mind was playing tricks on me. It happened as did many other things in that house. Later , my mom told me things after I married that happened to her. I guesss we all just attributed it to demons, because that is what we were told would happen when you sin..... and sin is going on in the house. LOL,,not funny I know, but all of us were seriously sinning in JW"S view, in one way or another.

Now , I don't know if it could have been demons, or something eles. Why would this be happening?I dont think it was a friendly ghost , I can't even say it was a spirit..maybe there is some scientific explanation......... who knows maybe time ran ahead of itself and we were in a time warp. LOL

Right now I guess I beleive anything is possible. I just wish I could experience something.Maybe I will.................

• Celia
    Celia

I had a few experiences. Never seen any ghost. But felt some presence...

Our house in France was built in 1730. Big old farmhouse. There are a few dark places in that house. I really have "felt" someone watching me or following me. It's like a "prickling" on my neck and in my back... a cold sensation.

Also, visiting an old plantation in Virginia, or Maryland, forgot where exactly. We started to walk down a wooded path, that was supposed to go to a chapel, brook (forgot which). I got that awful feeling, something telling me we shouldn't go there --- a warning, or something terrible had happened there in the past... Other occasions, maybe just my 6th sense overactive.

• gumby
    gumby

Lying Eyes:I feel if I can prove there are spirits of some form, some kind, demon or not, then maybe I can convince myself there is a God too.

I feel the same way. After reading your post however I got to thinking.....Why would seeing a ghost and KNOWING they exist........make God more believable? Creation and it's wonders would tell you more than a opague image about a God.

Maybe I'm wrong but.....we many times use the "if only" thing as a promise to ourself that we would change....."if only".

I do see where you are coming from and seem to be where you are in life as far as the spiritual side goes. Seeing a ghost or knowing they exist......would definately raise some serious questions for me.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmmmm millions of people have seen ghosts yet more people believe in God and havnt seen him at all (me included).

Eyes,

One of the freakiest dreams I ever had involved millions of people crucified on a battlefeild. Not good.

• Sirona
    Sirona

They do exist.

It doesn't make me believe in the bible though.

Sirona

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Here is a thought: If the dark side, demons, etc. or whatever JW's call them, can be summoned by just calling to them,why are they so ready to make themselves known?

Why is it we can call on God, Jesus, Angels, any good force and they don't make their presence known as easily? I know in Bible times, they appeared, if you believe the bible, and you hear of others seeing angels. But What I am talking about is actually summoning them, angels for help, or God to make you believe in him?

I have tried to really believe in God , but it seems like no one is there. I fully can believe it is my state of mind right now just coming out of a cult, and my trust is broken. But I just can't feel His presense, I am not saying it is not there , or He is not real. I just don't feel it.

I don't feel any dark side, or any spirits either. I feel really void, so you can see why I want to find out. It is not really an obsession to find out, I am just curious and feel free now to explore.

I can tell you one thing, since leaving the borg,,,,,,,,, I feel some kind of peace regarding my mother.She committed suicide 16 yrs ago and I have felt every feeling under the sun about her. But this last year, I feel like I have a different relationship with her, like she and I understand each other now. I guess that could be my age, I am exactly the same age this month that she was when she died. Maybe I have come to terms with things I couldnt understand about her when I was younger.

But it would be nice to think she is in heaven , giving me a feeling of peace . I seem to deny that to be true. But regardless I feel so much presense of her , and I can't explain it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I have already thought of that explanation. It was a fine clear, dry night. Well as dry as you can find in Alabama. But thanks for your suggestion.

Love,

Robyn

• teejay
    teejay

>> ... I do respect your opinion, but I do know what I saw. What was it exactly? Don't know. But it was real, it was there.

freedom96

Dont get me wrong. I do not doubt you saw something. They made indeed exist.

There may be an afterlife and ghosts have something to do w/ that. Who knows? Maybe the Dubs are right--maybe there really *ARE* demminz!! (OH my!!)

I just havent seen a shred of evidence of any of that stuff myself. Never felt a presence, never heard voices. Nothing. Maybe Ill find out one day. When I die.

=================

Here's a picture for you that I took with my new digital camera. I posted it on my website. If anybody can suggest what this might be, I would appreciate hearing your point of view. -- Robdar

Robyn,

Years ago, photography was a big hobby of mine. I have photos that have all kinds of weird stuff in them, unless you know what it is. This could be a flaw in the film, light slipping into the back of the camera and pre-exposing the film, mistakes made during processing... any number of things.

What is clear is that, whatever it is, it isnt clear. Outside of smoke or haze or mist, it doesnt look like ANYTHING. It certainly doesnt look like a human shape.

Thats my view, anyway.

Edited by - teejay on 28 August 2002 15:45:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit