ghosts

by freedom96 33 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Not to get too deep of a "scary" subject, but wanted to hear opinions out there.

When taught at the KH, we were always told there is no such things as ghosts, but if there were one it was a demon. I want to use that as an example to how dogmatic they are about so many things, that if they say it to be one way, then that is the truth period.

As it turns out, growing up, we had a ghost in our house. Don't laugh, it is true. My whole family saw it many times. Back then, we put it into the back of our minds, tried not to think about it. But years later, my family and I all describe this ghost, in complete detail, all seperated and not hearing what the other family member said. We heard it. We saw it.

I can say to anyone with upmost confidence that says :No such thing! that they are wrong. I may not be sure what is out there in the afterlife, but I sure know that there are ghosts! Never did anything to us, kinda cruised around the house, and was not always visible, but we all saw and heard it at different times. Fairly common event. We sure did not have anything wicked in the house, and went to all the meetings faithfully.

I think this is a perfect example of where the WT says they know all, but in reality, they don't. If you are not experienced in a certain area, people can be led to believe anything, but I saw, I know, and I believe.

Anyone experience anything remotely close?

• heathen
    heathen

There seems to be alot of this kind of discussion on the tv and pretty much everywhere you go even talk radio such as Art Bell show.I have heard some jws claim that they were being terrorized by demons and alot of people claim to see ghosts of dead people.Alot of religions claim that dead people return to haunt the living or have unfinnished business that they need to take care of before they can rest in peace ....yadda yadda.I would have to say if you believe what the bible says about these kind of things then you would see that the spirits that are on the earth are the evil ones that were kicked out of heaven cause that's what it says, there is no mention of dead people haunting the living.

the choice is yours as far as what you want to believe.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Hi freedom,

I have not experienced anything paranormal. I'm not certain that I'd want to, quite frankly. But, I've known several people who have. And I cannot imagine that they were not telling the truth. Ghost sightings and other paranormal occurrences witnessed by credible persons seem far too frequent and the details too similar to be dismissed altogether. However, I'm no expert.

I've always been fascinated by the subject you brought up. I could never understand what the point would be for a "demon" to "impersonate" a dead person. You'd think that they would be busy causing mayhem. But according to jw theology, that ghostly little boy bouncing his ball up and down the hotel corridor is really, yup, you guessed it, the most horrifying, terrifying creature ever to exist. And he's after your SOUL...eeheeeheeeeaaaahahaaaa.....ooops, I mean, your everlasting LIFE...eeeheeeheeeaahaahaaa... <-----That part should be read in a deep growly-type voice. :) I know the jw explanation is that they just do this type of thing to perpetuate the "false doctrine" of the immortality of the soul. But, come on. If that's the case, then God's got some 'splainin' to do if persons who have seen a ghost are condemned simply because they believe what they saw.

Were you and your family jws when this ghost lived with you? Did it not frighten you at all? One older lady in my old congregation, who had been jw for many years, and was not "senile" by any stretch of the imagination, told my mom, dad, and I, while out in service one day, that she often went to visit some "worldly" relatives and stayed overnight as they were lovely people. Well, we did not give that much thought or comment but then she casually mentioned, 'Oh yes. They have a ghost, you know. But, he doesn't cause much trouble....makes a bit of noise once in awhile, that's all.' My parents were horrified. My mom said to her, 'But don't you know that that is really a demon?!' This dear lady didn't seem discomfited one jot. I don't think she really believed it was a demon. Odd, for a dub, huh?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Freedom...welcome!

I believe you. We had a discussion a few weeks ago regarding this. you might want to check the following link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=32899&site=3

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

LOL...Kaethra, you hurt me on that one!

• Mary
    Mary

No experiences myself, but my one girlfriend and her husband (who stopped going to meetings about 5 years ago) live in an old duplex in a nice area. Weird stuff has gone on, like her 9 year old son saw an old man floating above his bed one night about a foot from his face and then he disappeared into the wall.

My girlfriend herself has heard her husband call her name, not once but twice on occasions when he's not even home and she occassionally feels 'someone' poke her.

Once the telephone receiver flew off the phone (it was on a table) and landed about 5 feet away.

She spoke to some of her neighbours who all confirmed that yes, it was well known that her home had a ghost in it. I asked why she didn't move. She said "I guess you just get used to it. It doesn't happen very often and they're not violent."

Personally, I would be GONE if I thought either a demon/ghost were in my house. I think Eddie Murphy said it really well in his 1983 stand-up routine called DELIRIOUS:

"I gotta question: Why do white people stay in the home if there's a ghost?? Y'all stay in the house too f*cking long! It's very simple: If there's a ghost in the house - get the f#ck out!"

My feelings exactly.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I cannot deny the paranorma, as I have had many personal experiences all through my life. When I was really young, I thought they were angels. Later on, when JW's entered our lives, I thought I'd share my "wonderful" experiences once when we were studying about heavenly creatures. To my utter shock and amazement, they said that I was having experiences with demons.

For me, this destroyed my internal beliefs of good things, and caused me a lot of mental anguish and harm. My experiences continued, but I kept them secret. I stopped telling my mom or my sisters. That was difficult to do, because I began to feel like perhaps I really was "demon possessed". All of that crap the JW's put into my head messed me up.

Anyway, I try never to judge another person. If they tell me this or that happened, I believe them. Many times, there are just no answers to the things that occur. I know the difference between the "dark and the light", and the good and the bad. Only the fear ever made me feel "bad", and that fear was placed upon me by the borg. I am free now. Today, I am much more at peace with everything, and I am aware of the universe and the wonder of it, and that I am just a mere human being and there is so much more "out there".

Love and LIght,

Sentinel/Karen

• heathen
    heathen

What really kills me is when people call in the catholic priest ghost busters....WHo ya gonna call ............lol

• Kep
    Kep

Welcome Freedom,

I too had similar thoughts about the fact that the WTS has strung us along with other BS in the past that the existance of ghosts or friendly spirits may also be valid. In view of the WTS track record we really can't take what they say too seriously, well I don't anyway as they claim that God's spirit directs the GB, the elders etc and we know this is a load of cr*p.

I have a good friend who helped me understand that there are such things out there, he too was an elder for many many years and sensed these spirits during all that time. I caught up with him last after many years of being apart and it was during this time that he enlightened my thoughts on the subject.

Since losing my father this year I have felt and experienced his presence around me, others I have been around have also commented that he is with me. My partner has heard footsteps around the house in the middle of the night while she is tending to our baby. The sounds are the same as when Dad was living with us, creaks going to the bathroom and then the kitchen and back to the lounge.

Does this ghost look familiar to any of those in your family ??

I think it is a personal choice whether to accept them or not. My friend did tell me that there are some nasty ones out there as he has on a number of occasions been asked to help clear them out.

Kep

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Weird stuff happens to a lot of people!! Spooky stuff freaks me out........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit