Only JW's Honest - Perpetuating the Stereotype

by NeonMadman 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Ironic how an article that purports to be about honesty can be so blatantly dishonest.

Three hundred Georgian Lari is about 137 U.S. dollars, 140 euros, or 90 U.K. pounds. Any "worldly" publication would have translated the sum into at least one of those familiar currencies. But the Watchtower does not waste precious ink on that - no, but rather they run on for sentences about how very much money that is. Hint: If "local merchants would not earn [$137] after working for several years," then don't become a local merchant in Georgia.

It is very freeing to realize that you are a good person, period. As a witness you are conditioned to think that you would be a drug-addicted, sex-crazed, alcoholic Satan-worshipper were it not for Mother. On the other hand, perhaps if you are a slutty single parent three times over who dreams of just finding money, you need that sort of controlling influence in your life. It worked for the police chief, at least.

The god of the dolphins has flippers.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I can't stand it when I read stuff like this in the mags.First of all,there are good,honest people in all religions,and it is very BOASTFUL to write crap like this about yourself.If you ask me, it is a turn-off.

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

There are just as many honest BACs as there are Witnesses.Better yet,there are about 6 million JWs and as of 10 years ago almost 60 % of the population of the world are christians.So there may be more honest christians then there are honest JWs.Census facts.

Just because one calls themself a Jehovah Witness does not mean they will be honest.Same goes as a BAC.How do I know?Many Elders were charged with child abuse.That doesn't mean all Elders are bad nor does it mean all Church Deacons are pure as snow.

In any religion or org. some may come out not so nice.Even today's crime criminals are according to groups.EXAMPLE:If a population of an area is 1,000..there are roughly 10% criminals meaning 100 criminals.Or if a population of an area is 1,000,000.10% or roughly 100,000 criminals.

So the facts remain and the numbers don't lie...only people lie.

So Jehovah Witnesses aren't the only honest people in the world and some Witnesses aren't honest at all.

• scooter
    scooter

I'm sorry, but you are all wrong! This has got to be a true article. First of all, there's a photograph of the lady and you can clearly see her picking up the money! And if that's not enough evidence, the reporter has her conversation in quotation marks - EVEN her THOUGHTS! Must be true...sorry, that was me 10 years ago...the article is a load of bullshit..

• blondie
    blondie

I just read an little article in a local newspaper about 2 good Samaritans turning in 2 wallets intact in a city in the Midwest, not JWs. How can that be? Hmmmmmmmm?

The vast majority of people around me at work and my neighborhood are honest.

If JWs are so honest, why do they lock the contribution boxes during the meetings? How many here were "in the truth" when they had the present-day drama at the district convention in which some of the young brothers were caught stealing from the contribution box? I can think of at least 5 brothers over the years that were found "borrowing" from the KH funds.

Of course, then there is verbal dishonesty.......hmmmmmmmm....could that be LYING.

(I have to read these things BEFORE I post them)

Edited by - Blondie on 31 August 2002 9:54:46

• COMF
    COMF

The most interesting quote to me is Nana's statement, "If I were not, I would not have returned your money." It gives a view of Nana's inner makeup. There are many, many people who behave honestly in their everyday dealings without being Jehovah's Witnesses.

Nana's comment casts her as somewhat lower, morally, than those "worldly" folks who just live honestly because it feels right to them.

• scooter
    scooter

Haaaannnng onnnnnn.....these people are speaking perfect english-OK, that's enough for me-it definitely IS a fabrication!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit