natural health

by rob 16 Replies latest social physical

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Rob, thanks for the info, but Mr. Tux has an upper respiratory infection (URI) not a urinary tract infection (UTI). When one of the other cats had a UTI, I got something called Tinkle Tonic, which is a natural remedy that acidifies the urine. It works pretty well.

Do you know of anything for the respiratory infection? I've tried antibiotics, vitamins, anti-viral homeopathic remedies, and the colloidal silver. Nothing has worked totally....he's still pretty sick.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Rob,

At least once a year for the last five years i've suffered from a broncal infection. Last winter i had pneumonia for six weeks ( i'm only 30), the doctor does not seem to give me anything to combat this, i end up just 'sitting it out'. Is there anything i could take throughout the year to prevent this onset in the colder months.

I would appreciate any advice u may have

Thanks

Paul (aka Digderidoo)

• twvsnt
    twvsnt

Rob I'm a newbie to this site too welcome!!!! I have a few questions:
    1) I've been meaning to use something natural to cleanse my insides (particularly my intestines) even though I'm on a high- fiber low- fat diet. And if memory serves me right I think lactobacillus capsules can be used, but the thing is I'm allergic to any food containing lactose.

2)Also do you know of any natural calcium supplements that I can take along with my multivitamin tablet.

3) Also do you know whether it's better to take multivitamins in the solid form (capsules, tablets) or liquid form.

• rob
    rob

RHW:

Sorry for the incorrect advice. My head is just so full of pagan thoughts these days... I'll get right on the URI matter...

Didgeridoo:

Wow, sometimes it semms that one can develop in inclination towards bronchial infection. You might want to try an herbal supplement that
    contains fenugreek and thyme. In the States we have a very nice tea by Traditional Medicinals called Breathing Thyme which has been very helpful to some of my customers with chronic bronchitis. If you do choose to use an herbal tea, steep it for at least ten minutes to get the full benefit of the herbs. Capsule form will do nicely also. Hope you feel better soon.

Twvsnt:

I know a lot of people who get too carried away with intestinal cleansing. If you choose to do it, please only do it seasonally. Many of these supplements are very potent laxatives and you risk becoming laxative dependent. If you are going regularly and eating lots of fiber your innards should be doing there job. Dairy-free acidophilus supplements are available.

Please when taking calcium avoid the ones that come from oyster shell. They are inclined to have high lead content. Calcium is easiest absorbed in the presence of acid so we prefer a calcium citrate formula.

Any form of good multi is okay. It's really a preference issue.
    I like caps, chewables because I have trouble swallowing pills. Whatever you prefer though...

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    My head is just so full of pagan thoughts these days... I'll get right on the URI matter...

Thanks, Rob. Interesting....I've been investigating paganism, also. The whole concept is very appealing. Are you studying any particular path, or just meandering?

• rob
    rob

RHW:
    Just meandering. I'm terrified of any organized religion. I do have a friend who is a Wiccan priestess and teaches pagan Sunday school. Had some young ex-witness kids over on Sunday and they are really investigating "alternative stuff." I think I'm too old and to didtrustful to get involved in anything.

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Rob,
    Welcome to the site What a great asset you will be. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
    Dig,
    If you don't mind me offering a bit of advice. Zinc has been documented to help even in prestiges journals. Also sometimes our body will build up a resistance to the normal antibiotics used . I have this problem evry winter too. One doctor suggested instead of using a penicillin to combat we used a cephalasporin(different type of antibiotic)and it cut back from my 6 week illness down to 2 weeks. What a relief this was, so next time ask your doctor for a different strain of antibiotic, Just a thought, it worked for me Another thing is I used a bronchodilator which was inhaled, this really opened me up and helped get that stuff out of there. A good cough suppressant for night sleep is a must. If you aren't getting enough rest, your body will take longer to heal.
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit