natural health

by rob 16 Replies latest social physical

• rob
    rob

I'm a newbie to the forum and also manage a health food store. Be happy to help out with any health issues and/or dietary questions.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thanks for the offer, Rob. I just might take you up on that.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Just thought of a question. Does colloidal silver really work as an antibiotic?

• rob
    rob

RHW:
    Colloidal silver does work. Just be careful to follow the label dosage and make sure that you take some probiotics (acidophilus) to keep the silver from depleting the good bacteria in your intestines. Also don't take the acidophilus and the silver at the same time because the silver will kill the good bacteria also.
    Rob

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ah! Acidophilus. I have been treating a cat with a severe URI with the colloidal silver. It seems to have helped a little, but he's nowhere near being cured, and he is very weak. He also doesn't feel well enough to groom himself, so he's pretty grungy. With the cold New England winter we've had, I hesitate to bathe him.

I'll have to try adding the acidophilus to his diet to see if that helps. Thanks. Any other suggestions of what I might try with him?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Rob,

I'm seeing a lot of hype about papaya tablets for weight control (loss). Anything to it? If so how does it work? Is it an appetite suppressant or something else?

carmel

• rob
    rob

RDH-- News!!!! I just found out yesterday about a new UTI treatment for dogs and cats from a company called ACTIPET. Its even in a powder form so it's esay to administer. The company that owns ACTIPET is called Nutraceuticals and makes such brands as Solaray, KAL,etc. so it's a very reputable company. See if you can get a local health food store to get it for you. If not, contact me. I'll get it to you. I'm very much a pet lover, so anything I can do...

As regard to papaya enzyme for weight loss, it's a nice digestive aid and there is the slightest and I do mean slightest chance that it may help. I wish that there was a magic pill for weight loss,but if there was such a thing my gorgeous husband and kids and I would be living large in the Bahamas. Nothing works like diet modification and good, hard exercise. Anyone who tells you differently is being untruthful. To kick start yourself however, try cutting back on carbs. Make sure that the carbs that you do eat are from whole or better yet sprouted grains.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Thanks Rob,

While I was in the US last fall there were signs on healthfood stores advertising it as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Christy Alley was pushing it as the only way she could loose weight, yadda yadda ya!

When you say "digestive aide" that doesn't explain much. Do you know what its does chemically to "aide" digestion?

Thanks,

Carmel

• neyank
    neyank

Hi rob,
    What is your honest opinion of Bee Pollen & Royal Jelly?
    neyank

• rob
    rob

Carmel,
    Papaya contains a fairly potent enzyme called papain. It was often used in meat (Yuck, I'm a vegetarian) tenderizers. Taken at mealtime it adds additional enzymes to your digestive system.

Neyank,
    Bee pollen and Royal Jelly can both be good energy enhancers providing, of course, that you are not sensitive or allergic to bee stings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit