I Don't Get It!

by John Aquila 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

The young brother is probably thinking that the Great Match Maker in Heaven, Jehovah, with his rolodex is maneuvering things, and he believes that since the older sister has expressed interest and is probably very persistent that it must be "Jehovah's Will". He might also be justifying that the older woman won't have any interest in having children. LOL.

You remember what Johnny Carson used to say about "Day Old Bread"? Tomorrow, you have two day old bread.

• jerryminor
    jerryminor

Blow jobs and not telling....

• steve2
    steve2
    John, I'm sure you would fit right in any congregation with your interest over what others are doing on the JW dating and marrying scene. Under what circumstances would you decide it's none of your business what the ages of those on dates are? Funny that men can marry much, much younger women and no one says much, but for women to seek out much younger men - all of a sudden interest in the phenomena incresses.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

John, I have also noticed this trend. Younger couples seem to separate and divorce more often nowadays. An older woman may be seen as more stable and what with the end on the doorstep...you get stability in this system plus a young wife in the next

• bafh
    bafh
    Why is this an issue? The men in the congregation have always done this.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I found JWland, those crapventions, and its bethel headquarters to be a terrible place to even consider dating and meeting someone. Lots of clumsy conversations with false expectations that just talking will lead to marriage. And if other JWs see you talking, all the gossip starts. For many of my friends, siblings, relatives, they married others we grew up with... I was related to the girls I grew up with at the Kingdumb Haul.

I wasn't attracted to anyone older than I was, although I knew plenty of guys that chose older. Regarding that crowd of available, pretty, young, single sisters, I knew plenty like that. It seemed to me that there was a crowd of 30 sisters that would idolize one or two guys in the circuit, and they were just waiting around to see if they had a chance with them before "settling" for someone like me. They weren't all like that, but I had enough experience of talking to a girl that wanted to hear all about the hotter "brother" that I work with. Of course, it certainly went both ways with guys trashing the sisters... a lot.

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty effed up.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Once dated a JW guy. Against my better judgment. We talked really honestly about everything that was wrong with the organization. We complained about all the rules that we were breaking.

I finally said that I couldn't be a hypocrite and be part of the org when I hated everything they stand for. His response?

"Why not be a hypocrite? You do everything else!"

He would have made a great elder, but he didn't live long enough. He refused a blood transfusion and died after being in an automobile accident only a few years later.

• steve2
    steve2

It seemed to me that there was a crowd of 30 sisters that would idolize one or two guys in the circuit, and they were just waiting around to see if they had a chance with them before "settling" for someone like me.

Billy - it sounds tough being a straight male in JWland.

I had sisters developing crushes on me - and one especially attractive sister boldly started hanging around with me and told me very firmly she wanted to marry me. Back then my reactive conscience forced me to open up to her about my sexual orientation so I told her I was gay. She virtually ignored what I said and insisted men like me needed a woman like her. I did not feel at all flattered by her persistence. I began to feel harrassed.

When I spoke more firmly to her, she accused me of being "cruel and hateful" and told the other sisters and brothers I was "a homo" and to steer clear of me - which they of course did. It did not matter that I was celibate and a pioneer at the time. But at least it got them off my back. Looking back, what a miserable existence. I can well understand how gay men and women end up marrying someone of the opposite sex.

• blondie
    blondie

I was 38 when I married my husband having turned down 4 marriage proposals from brothers. I never wanted to get married and subject myself to the imperfect headship of any man let alone that subscribed to the warped opinions of men in the organization. But I met a kind man at work who made me laugh. I had been inactive for 3 years but still told him of my past and my still in family. He took a chance and married me. I am no movie beauty.

I saw over the years especially pre-1975, sisters desperate to have a family and children marry dopes without any work ethic, mama's boys, brothers disappointed in the sexual life with a jw and ran off with non-jw women. Living near the farm I saw jw beauties move out with their families, their fathers buy homes, and stick around until 1 or more daughters were married off to Bethelites, balding, pudgy brothers like those on the GB. Men they would never consider normally. I saw an older anointed brother in Brooklyn Bethel marry a sister 50 years younger than himself and she felt she had a catch.

3/4 of my contemporaries are divorced, and 1/2 of the "generation" behind me. As to young men married older women, if through menopause, no danger of children, other children grown up perhaps, women who have experience sexually, perhaps even sisters with money.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

blondie

I saw an older anointed brother in Brooklyn Bethel marry a sister 50 years younger than himself and she felt she had a catch.

That means when he turned 51 she turned 1

OK blondie you just won 1st prize.

Image result for 1st prize trophy pic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit