moving On....

by In_between_days 11 Replies latest jw friends

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Have you heard the song "Stuck in a moment you cant get out of" by U2 ? I was listening to this today and it got me thinking..........

I have decided that I will no longer be contributing to this forum.... at least for the meantime. This forum has helped me in every way that I need to be helped, and for that I thank everyone who played a part in this.

I guess I have achieved my goal now. When I first came here, I was absolutely fascinated with what I read - I did my own research, and I found out the "truth" about the truth - I had mixed feelings of shock, anger, and for the most part - complete bitterness. This bitterness ate me up for almost a year. I also, in small ways felt guillty for leaving the org, but now, thanks to this board, I am absolutely over the guilt feeling, hence my thread of late: "When did you realise that everything had changed?" - things have changed for me now, and it is time to focus my life on more important things.

This board has become stale to me. The constant unprovoked attacks on other board members, resulting in pages and pages of pointless warfare is not only stupid, but extremely negative. It wears me down. Lately, it seems there is more threads on this than anything else. What could be more of a waste of time? Picking arguments with complete strangers and then picking arguments with the moderators who object to your violent name - calling. This is no longer helping me, nor many of the newbies whom I have conversed with who are also looking for answers.

Lifes too short for dwelling in the past. Im now directing myself to life "Beyond the borg" - its a whole new world out there and all ive been doing is sitting on this board!!

Bye everyone, I have come to really like most of you, and wish all the wonderful things to come in the life ahead of you..

simon, I would like to thank you for changing my life - You are doing a great job.

I realise my departure will not really be noticed, as I wasnt exactly a heavy poster, but I still wanted to have my say about why Im leaving. Maybe ill be back someday, when it calms down a little and becomes the positive and therapeudic place I once knew.

LOVE AND PEACE

IBD

• searcher
    searcher

IBD

Good luck in your 'new life', I wish you all the best.

searcher.

• onacruse
    onacruse

IBD....and just tonight I finally got for the first time to chat with you!!

I appreciate your decision. In the short 2 months I have been here, I have seen others too reach a point where they feel it's time to move on. Actually, that makes me feel good about myself.....I can be confident that I also will heal from these wounds and get on with a new borg-free life!

Good luck, best wishes, and looking forward to your return!

Craig

• myself
    myself

IBD, first of all you will be missed. I think for the most part the flame wars have been in the very least slowed down, they don't do anybody any good especially those who are still trying to heal. If you have achieved your goals then that is the main thing. Keep checking back time to time and let us know that all is well with you. Keep looking forward "beyond the Borg" I wish you all the best in life.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

IBD

Your departure will be noticed my friend. Thanks for the time you have spent sharing with us a little bit about yourself and your situation. I am particularly pleased to hear you have benefited from this site, as have I.

I wish you well for the future, and hope that you visit us from time to time...even just to say hi to some who have come to know you. My email is always open to you, so please drop me some mail and keep me posted with how you are doing. Hey if you're ever in Melbourne...let me know, we'll do coffee and cake

Hugs to you...take care...and keep in touch.

Beck

• Simon
    Simon

"quick ... lock the doors!", lol (just kidding)

I am sure you will be missed IBD - very often people's posts have a greater meaning on others than we imagine. Even a simple joke can make someone laugh and may cheer them up or reading a life experience may hit a chord with someone else and they feel slightly less alone.

Good luck on life's journey and feel free to pop back anytime to let us know how you're doing.

- Simon

• Prisca
    Prisca

Take care, IBD, and be sure to pop in some time if you want. I've enjoyed your comments, and I am glad this board has helped you on your journey out of the Borg.

Wishing you well.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

IBD - I hear ya! I hopped into the exjw internet discussion forums about 6 yrs ago. I've been "out" for over 20 yrs. I think there will always be a need in us to visit places like this - even if it's just periodic. BUT they are of limited help, I know. They just help a little. I steer my way around all the crazy, mean, negative stuff and with sparodic attendence I get the comfort I need. I'm dealing with a dying jw mother who is sweet and appreciative of my help. BUT the dub siblings are uncomfortable in my presence - even though I'm tolerated for the much needed help I can bring to my parents. The whole thing is weird beyond description. I just cleaned out my mothers personal cupboard and she's saved birthday cards and newspaper cuttings and mementos from before our family became dubs (over 30 yrs ago). It just breaks my heart to think what might have been. The WTS has destroyed my loved ones and turned them into robots for an evil cause. I want to shake them and slap them and knock some sense into them. Part of me thinks all I need to do is tell them they are in a high control cult and they will see it for themselves.............. but reality sets in and I say nothing. What's worse is that my siblings truly dislike me - and they don't even know me. The WTS is thorough, if nothing else.

This is why you are sorry to be leaving here. Because there are many like me, who have enormous pain and sorry over this futile religion. Have a rest, but come back when you feel the frustration building. I don't need places like this all the time, but I'm always grateful they are here for me. I would never leave for good. But maybe when my parents are gone and I no longer have any contact with my family, I will heal. Although I doubt it.

all the very best to you

Marilyn

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

As the late Roy Rogers would say when he concludes his show, "Happy Trails To You."

I agree that some boards end up being negative and that to me is a reflection of people's personality, witnessess or not. Rudeness and cruelty does get out of hand, and what's disturbing is that, some try to justify it. Sorry, no one is going to sell me them bill of goods.

Ever thought of being a positive source to others? Enjoy your break and enjoy the future.

Guest 77

• ugg
    ugg

totally understand,,,,i hope the best for you.....stop back every once in awhile and let us know how

you are doing.....hugs.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit