So Whats Driving You To Make Posts?

by Englishman 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Why do you bother to post on this site?

Demons. They're in my shorts. I hate that part. I bought my shorts at a garage sale.

Farkel

• larc
    larc

Brother Farkel,

Of all the things I have laughed at on the DB, including my own jokes, that gave the me greatest laugh of all. I think I died and went to heaven!

There is nothing better than a good laugh after a series of serious shi!!.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You are an Englishman,

When I saw the effect on my wife of attending last year's District Convention and seeing her weeping in one of the talks, the anger prompted me to post.

Since then I'm reassured by fellow posters and I hope that what I might post can be of some help to others, especially the lurkers, of whom I too was one.

Cheers,

Ozzie (freedom fun class)

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Farkel,

LOLROTF

• larc
    larc

Hi all,

If you look back, I did my part to be serious, but I can't take it any more, so I have to answer the question, "So what's driving you to make posts." The reason is that I make posts for a living for a company that makes and installs fences.

• Simon
    Simon

groan...that was terrible !

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

why do i post?
    sheer therapy! i had no idea how many feelings still remained in that shoebox in the attic.
    so after 8 years of dis-assimilating on my own, my friend riz, pointed the way here, and i am glad to know that there is a place to share, be a clown, gain some knowledge, and speak my mind amongst others that have endured this same experience.
    CHUCK

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Shauna,
    I met a df'd JW when I wasn't yet sure about leaving the org., recently I saw her again. She said she had started going to meetings again. I asked "WHY"? She said "because it's the right thing to do." I was dumbstruck. Here we were sitting in a pub drinking, she was smoking, and hanging on her boyfriend. I guess I get confused easily. Anyway, I wanted to shake her and say you're out, enjoy life. Stop living a double life. Don't be ashamed of what you feel and want to do. Then I realized that I hadn't invited any of my JW friends out for a drink either. Oh well.....

RC

• ICHING
    ICHING

ozzie - if it's ok to ask:

why was your wife crying at the assembly?

I-CHING

PS no need to respond if too personal etc.

Edited by - ICHING on 23 March 2001 22:49:11

• Prisca
    Prisca

ICING, I was wondering that myself.

But I thought back to when I was at the meetings and assemblies, and I remembered how demoralising they could be.

If you are striving to be a good witness, maybe trying to overcome some hurdles in life, and maybe already have low esteem about yourself, dealing with the pressures of life, and stressed out as it is, and then you go to the meeting/assembly, where they are telling you to "do more, do more".... It makes you feel even more unworthy, ashamed, even though there is nothing to make you feel ashamed about.

Those talks don't encourage, they demoralise. It's no wonder Mrs Ozzie was crying. It happened to me too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit